Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 19, 2012

Monday morning started early with breakfast and everyone figuring out their assignments. Oliver went to speak on the radio station early. Then he connected up with Jaime and me at the Baptist Pastors’ Conference. 2 vans went with Mike to do school visits, 2 vans went with Charlie to do Fiestas and 2 vans went with Mary to do more Fiestas. Jaime and I went to the Pastors’ conference via taxi (our friend Edwin). I was chatting with Edwin in Spanish and Jaime gave me a surprised look and said how proud he was of my improvement in speaking Spanish. I still have a ways to go to be fluent and to use good grammar, but I can communicate pretty well and I love trying! He said no more English for me when I’m in the states!

The Pastors’ conference started late (usual for Nica) and we only had a hand few of people, but it was very good and they really enjoyed Jaime and Oliver’s teaching. We got permission from Mike and German to stay longer to finish the conference. I had Edwin run me to the grocery to get some snacks and we only gave the audience a 5 minute bathroom break so we could finish up. It worked great. Jaime, Oliver and I made it back to the team house in time to eat quickly and then they went with the team on school visits and fiestas.

I worked on computer stuff and prepared items for the next few conferences. Lesly and Jorge got back with the next bunch of groceries for the team. I helped put away the food and then sewed up an apron real quick for the extra cook to use. I have some cut, pinned and ready to sew. I got tired of sewing them after 20+, so I have this stash to pull from in emergencies!

The team got back and we all went out to the beach in the late afternoon. We had intentions of eating at Suyapa (restaurant on the beach), but they were closed for a huge private party. We then had to find a restaurant that could handle 50 people! We ended up at Tip Top Chicken and everyone was happy. Actually, a few of the team members went next door and had some great pizza.

We all got back home and the team had share time and I went to my room to download some pics to my facebook. I try to keep current with pics, but it’s hard sometimes when we have a big team and a lot going on.

It was a great day and everyone is excited to see what God is doing here. It’s such a blessing to serve Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment