Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 27, 2012

Charlie left this morning about 4am. I wake up off and on every night, but I must have been asleep when he left. I do vaguely remember Buster scratching on my door and should have figured out that it meant that Charlie had left and Buster was looking for a new roommate. I did get to say my goodbyes to Charlie last night, just in case I didn’t wake up. So it’s all good. Except for Buster, who was lonely. Oh well.

I went to English class and we had fun. Pacheco said a couple of the guys were disappointed when I wasn’t there yesterday and he led the class. Haha. He teaches the hard stuff and I get to do the fun stuff.

When I got home from class, there was no one here but Saturnino. He said they all went to Pastor Eddy’s father’s funeral. I was sorry to miss it.

Estefanie brought me a Christmas gift and a beautiful letter. She has such a special place in my heart!

I sorted through old Feeding Center files in my bookshelves. I needed to purge the old stuff and find the most current so that I can be more organized. I also needed to sort through the different Bible study papers and personal stuff and Spanish lessons, etc. At least one bookshelf looks good now!

Jorge drove Lesly, Jaasiel and me around for some VOH errands. We stopped in at La Unión for some groceries. I was going to go next door to the librería to buy some paper for the kids ministry at the Dump, but the store was closed because it was still lunch time (12-2pm). I met the girls in La Unión and was just looking around. I saw some Stove Top Stuffing!! I know it’s not like the real stuff and I shouldn’t eat it with preservatives, and even though it cost over $3, I bought it anyway! I really enjoyed it for dinner!

We went to Eskimo for an icecream while Jorge ran the groceries back to the team house. He met us and when 2pm hit, we went to the stores we needed to do business with.

After we returned to the team house, I worked on Feeding Center records some more. I am ALWAYS working on them, but off and on through out the day so that I don’t get too burned out! Mike and I had said that I will probably never get caught up and that would be a good thing, since it means that we keep having sponsors signing up at a fast pace! We need those sponsors so that we can feed these kids!!!

I caught up on more blogposts and worked on sorting through some of the Christmas stuff I have here to give out. I finally got time to hem some of Lesly’s pants, too.

Katty, who is moving to Spain to live with her mother on Dec 9, stopped by to get a sponsor book for the Feeding Centers. She wants to get people in Spain to help out here. It will be interesting to see God at work in that!

I got out my guitar and Katty sang some songs for me. I videoed them on my phone and downloaded them onto facebook. I sure love this sweet girl! I’m glad that God has brought her into my life! I just wish she would be living here in León!!

I went to bed very tired and slept pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment