Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 26-27. 2012

I was wanting to see some snow on this month in the states, and God is gave me a gift!!!

There was actually a blizzard warning for most of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio… People were told to stay inside. The accumulation where we were was about 9”, but totals not far from us were closer to 14”. The wind was blowing enough to make the visibility bad. Terry had brought up a huge stack of firewood from the stash out by the barn. We were set!

It was so pretty to see the snow falling on all of the trees around Sandy’s house. There are 5 acres of rolling hill in front of their house that goes down to the country road. The house is on the top of a hill. There are 10 acres of woods behind the house. Every view was beautiful. There are some huge trees including pine trees and the snow clung to their limbs. Just like a postcard.

Curtis has a huge 4 wheel drive, and being an off-roader, he couldn’t wait for a reason to drive out from town. He brought all 4 kids out to sled and spend the night. The snow was deep, but it was wet and heavy and the sleds kind of sunk down and didn’t slide very well. It was funny to watch the kids try to get the sleds down the hill. Of course, once down there, they didn’t want to pull them back up, so they got out a four-wheeler and towed them back up the lane. I got a good picture of one of the trips and put it on my facebook page.

The kids went out for snow fun a couple of times on Wed and a few times on Thurs. Sandy and I stayed in the house and watched them from big window in the warm dining room. So we were all happy!

Curt came out on Thurs evening and picked up the kids and it sure was quiet after they left!

Sandy was not feeling too great. She had a sinus headache and sore throat. We all went to bed pretty early and got a good night’s sleep.

I was planning on going into to town on Wed and Thurs to visit with Mom and Gary for a while and to see some friends. I also wanted to go by Stacey’s house to use the internet. But the snow kept me at Sandy’s house and that was okay. I spent some time alone in my room, practiced my guitar, napped, worked a little on the computer, read, did some laundry, etc. It was very relaxing.

It was hard to believe that I would be leaving for Nica in less than a week. Time sure flies by. But I trust God with my schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment