Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 16, 2012

I watched FBC Rogers live on-line and it was really great! I then went to worship at Cuerpo Vivo, which was also great. I love getting to participate in both churches.

A surprise at Cuerpo Vivo was to see a couple who I met in Nicaragua in November. They are from Paragould and their daughter and son-in-law live in Fayetteville, so they came to worship with Jaime and Oliver (who they met in Nica, too). It was fun to see them.

After service, I went to Smokin’ Joes BBQ restaurant again (I had went last Sunday, too). I found an empty table and was looking over the menu when someone came up and spoke to me. It was Ken and he invited me to join him and his wife and daughter. It was nice to chat about what all God is doing in Nica. They had been there about 4 years ago and the ministry has grown so much! It was fun to see them.

I went to Ben Jack’s music store and found a guitar that I really love. It’s smaller (a folk guitar) so it’s easier to hold on my lap and reach my arm around. It’s a very nice guitar and I love the sound. I got a good deal on it and also a good deal on a travel case. My kind of shopping!

I stopped at Walmart for a few more things for my trip and mostly to just walk around. I know that sounds weird, but looking at stuff is entertainment for me, especially since I live in Nica most of the time.

I got home and did some laundry and updated my blog. I also practiced guitar on my new gift!

It was a nice relaxing day. I have a lot of computer work to do over the next few days, so it’s good that I can take some time to relax. It’s also strange to be ‘home’ in AR at Christmas time and not be up to my eyeballs organizing and directing Christmas missions activities. I don’t know what to do with myself! Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment