Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve!!

I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast and then headed into town to meet my sister Pam and brother-in-law Rob for lunch. I stopped and delivered some cookies and gifts to a few friends of the family. They were both gone, so I left the bags on their doorknobs. I didn’t think about one of the deliveries not having a note in it. I guess she will think that it’s from Santa Claus! Pam and Rob met me at Dad’s house and I left my borrowed car there.

We drove up to Greenwood and had lunch at Smokey Bones, Pam and Rob’s favorite restaurant. They have a favorite waitress who is like family to them now. We even gave her a gift that I had extra with me. She was a very good waitress and I’m glad that Pam and Rob enjoy her so much.

We exchanged gifts and everyone loved their gifts. Pam gave me some things from the Breast Cancer support store. I loved them all! We had really good food and enjoyed sitting near the fireplace. I enjoyed our time together. Rob’s back was really hurting bad. He has arthritis in his spine from their bad car accident 10 years ago that left him disabled. He’s a trooper, though. The seat in the car felt better for him, and we drove back to Columbus. We had a lot of fun together and it was very enjoyable. I’m glad that we could get together.

On the way back to Sandy’s, I stopped at Walmart to get a few things on her list. I also got some de-icer, a window scraper, some boots and other items for my drive back to AR. There is supposed to be a lot of show hit all along the way in the next few days. This way I will be prepared!

I spent some time reading and typing on the computer. Then Sandy, Terry and I went to the Christmas Eve service at the little country church down the road. They have visited there a few times and Stacey and Rob were married there. I like the Pastor and the little congregation. Sandy said that they would probably go to church there more in the future.

Sandy has most of the food prepared for Christmas dinner tomorrow. All the presents are wrapped and under the tree. We are just chilling out this evening. I can’t believe that it’s Christmas Eve night! As I was thinking about the newborn baby Jesus tonight at church, I thought about holding little Bentley, who is just a little more than a month old. How precious for Mary to hold that amazing baby! I’m so thankful that Jesus came to us as our Savior. I want to celebrate Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment