Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 30, 2012

It’s the last day of November! I can’t believe it! This year has gone by so fast. Living here where it’s hot and sunny most of the year, it’s hard to keep track of the months since there are not really different seasons. (other than 6 months of rainy season – winter, and 6 months of hot dry sunny season – summer)

I’ll be going to the states for December, so it will be strange to be in a different climate, but it will be easier to tell that it’s Christmas time! Haha

Joe came over for a visit in the morning. It was so good to catch up with him. He and Marcela are still trying to have a baby. I can’t wait to be a grandma! Haha

While Joe was still here, a few of the English class students came to surprise me! Maykellyn, Anielka with her daughter Francis, Meylin, Dora and Josue all came over and brought me a gift of a beautiful embroidered blouse. They insisted that I try it on and it fit perfectly! We took some pictures together.

Josue had been trying to get me to sing songs in English class and I told him that I don’t sing well. He asked about playing and singing a song for me that he had written for the Lord. I got out my guitar and he sang a beautiful song. Joe played and sang some beautiful worship song, too. They insisted that I play something, so I played a couple of Christmas songs. They all sang. I’m not very good, but considering that I’ve taught myself and just for about a month, I think I did pretty well. We all had a good time. But alas, it was soon time for everyone to go on to the rest of their day. I was very blessed to have them visit and to have them in my life!

I took Lesly, Jaasiel and Mayela to lunch at the Al Carbón restaurant. Mayela just ordered a couple of side items and spent most of the time on the phone and then left early, so I don’t know if that constitutes having lunch. But Lesly and Jaasiel and I had a great time together. I love these girls!

Alberto will be leaving early Saturday morning for his holiday trip to see family. All of our conversations are in Spanish and I have a hard time understanding him – my hearing loss and his mumbling don’t mix very well. But we manage! He said he would be leaving at 5am. I said I would be sleeping at 5 am. Haha. We said goodbye until I get back in Jan. I spend a lot of time with just him around since he lives here 24/7 in his little house in the corner of our property. He’s our guard/gatekeeper. I’m thankful to have him around.

I called Deanna back in Rogers to remind her that I’m coming back to her home on Tuesday. It will be good to see her and relax at her house, even if it’s just for a few weeks. She’s glad that I’m going to spend Christmas with my family this year. I’ll just see her a few weeks before Christmas and then a few days before I leave on Jan 2. It will be nice to be in her home. She is very good for me in many ways. She’s such a blessing!

I practiced the guitar and read a little bit. Then I got on the computer and ended up finding some Christmas specials on youtube. I never get on youtube, but I was very happy to watch some Christmas music shows.

Then it was time for bed. I don’t have to get up early on Saturday, so I feel totally at peace. I love my quiet time with the Lord and all that He blesses me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment