Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 20-21, 2012

This week has been fun here in Indiana. I’m glad that I drove straight through on Wednesday, because bad weather hit here on Thursday. High winds, rain, storms, etc. Sandy, Terry, Stacey and the kids went to a funeral in Bloomington for Terry’s aunt. I stayed here at Sandy’s and worked on computer files for about 6 hours. It was a very productive time for me.

They got back to the house about 3:30pm and we had a late lunch. Colten (who will be 3 in Jan) decided to practice his guitar while I was practicing mine. He was hilarious. His is a flat guitar that has buttons that turn on pre-recorded rock music. He strums a long with it. He stops to tap one foot for a few seconds and then taps the other foot for a few seconds and then strums again. He can’t do it all at the same time, and he concentrates on his technique. He pulled up a stool and put his guitar on his leg like me. I was flipping through a notebook of songs and playing them. He pulled over one of the recipe books on the table and was ‘playing’ those songs. He was so funny!

On Friday, we went into town and stopped at CENTRA Credit Union, where I have an account with the money from Dad’s estate. I have a little bit in savings and checking and like to keep track of everything on-line. I opened the account during the week I flew from Nica to IN to take care of business. I promptly forgot my password when I got back to Nica and had to have a friend reset it for me. While in Nica, I don’t get on the account much and I forgot the password again and got locked out of the account for trying too many times with the incorrect word. So, I had to go to the Credit Union to get them to reset my password again. I’m sure that they think I’m the most stupid person in the world! Haha At least I won’t be spending the money if I keep locking myself out of the account!

We went to Stacey’s house and I used the internet to send many, many emails to some of the sponsors of children at the Feeding Centers in Nica. While I was busy with that, Sandy and Stacey ran a couple of errands. When I was done, we all went to have lunch at Chili’s. Stacey’s husband, Rob, met us there and we had a late lunch. We then went to Target and then took Stacey and Bentley (5 weeks old) back home.

Sandy and I went by Dad’s house (which technically belongs to Sandy now, but we still call it Dad’s house) to see the progress in the remodel. It looks really good. It had to be taken down to the studs and bare floor and have the ceiling tore out. It’s looking good now. Still more work to do, but it’s getting there!

Sandy and I stopped at 2 grocery stores, a gas station and then a pharmacy to meet up with my nephew and get my great-nephew and his half brother to spend the night. It’s sure noisy with the two boys playing! We had tacos for dinner and I practiced my guitar. Isaac had to sleep with me and he was very tired, so he didn’t complain. But he doesn’t like my snoring and probably won’t sleep with me again. Oh well.

It was a good day. There is always a lot of running around when I’m at my sister’s house. The weather is cold, but not bad yet. It’s kind of fun to be here and not stressing over work or directing a large mission’s project. It’s like a real vacation! I’m blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment