Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 25, 2012

Christmas Day!!!

I woke up very tranquil. It’s the first time in 22 years to be in Indiana for Christmas. It was very peaceful at Sandy’s house. It was just her and Terry and me. All the kids and grandkids were at their own homes to open gifts.

I got to spend some precious quiet time with Jesus when I woke up. I have always liked spending Christmas Day by myself so that I could have that time with Him and no distractions. I was very happy to get that time this year, too.

Sandy was up and cooking when I got to the kitchen. I had some oatmeal and got my shower and then helped Sandy in the kitchen. She had most everything done yesterday, so it was a nice morning.

I called Deanna and Nana Ruth and Pam to tell them Merry Christmas.

Curt brought out his son, Conner and his half siblings, except for Isaac, who was home sick with a stomach bug. Stacey and Rob brought Colten and Bentley. Mom and Gary came out. We had lunch about noon and then opened presents. It was pretty fun.

This was the first Christmas without Dad. I know that Sandy was missing him, but it was also the first year that she didn’t have to have Christmas dinner on 2 different days. That made things calmer to have everyone there one the same day. (I had spent Christmas Eve afternoon with Pam and Rob, so I got to see them, too.)

I got some new Christmas slipper socks, a necklace, special lip balm from Burt’s Bees (my favorite), a couple packages of Coffee flavored Werthers candies (LOVE them), a gift card for Starbucks and a gift card from Walmart that had the picture of coal on it. The kids had told me that I was on the naughty list, so I guess they saw the coal gift card. Haha I loved my gifts.

I gave Mom, Sandy and Pam each a photo from my pictures for the church directory. They loved them. I guess they needed to scare away mice!

By evening, everyone was gone and Sandy, Terry and I settled in with lots of firewood for the blizzard coming our way.

It was a very nice day and I enjoyed it very much. I’m so thankful for Jesus coming to earth, knowing that He was going to give Himself for my salvation. The most precious gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment