Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 28, 2012

Time to head west, back towards AR. I planned a 2 day drive, so that I could stop in Branson MO for the Voice of Hope Ministries Annual Board meeting at noon on Saturday.

The roads were pretty clear. The temp was very cold and it was a little windy. Terry said if I could get the car down their lane that I should be fine on the roads. The snow on the lane was deep and the tire tracks were made from big 4 wheel drive vehicles, so the middle of the lane scraped the underneath of the car. But it was no problem and I was on my way by 9:15am.

I stopped at the gas station at the interstate. I filled up and about froze to death from the wind! Haha I went inside to get the receipt and heard someone call my name. How surprising! It was fun to run into someone!

I made good time on the road. It was very windy and I wasn’t stressed about time. My plan was to drive most of the way and spend the night on the road. I figured I would make it to Rolla. I wanted to get my hotel room in the late afternoon so that I could really enjoy it.

Once I got west of St Louis, it started spitting snow. I called my friend Glenda and had her check the weather channel website for weather conditioned in Rolla and Springfield. It said that the snow should stop by early evening and not accumulate. So I drove on until I got to St Robert and stopped. I had not stopped for lunch and it was 3:30, so I was ready to get a room, a hot meal and get comfy! Of course, I had to make a stop at Walmart first! Haha. I called Sandy and Deanna to let them know them know I was off of the road for the night.

I was going to call some of the many hotels in the area to get the best deal. The first one I called was the Hampton Inn. The lady was so very nice and the price was good. I decided to just stay there. I checked in and went to Cracker Barrel for a yummy dinner of pot roast, mac n cheese, green beans and baby carrots. I took a piece of pecan pie back to the room.

I watched some HGTV and practiced my guitar and then did some work on Feeding Center records to share with Mike at the VOH meeting on Saturday. I love spending time by myself and I enjoyed it very much.

I loved the room. It was spacious, and clean and I had free internet (yay!) and cable tv. It even had a mini fridge and microwave. I had a very relaxing evening. However, the heat couldn’t be regulated very well and the thermostat read 82 degrees when I got there. I finally had to turn the heat completely off. I was hot all night and only slept a few hours. When I got up the room was only down to 65 degrees and that was with the heat turned off! But it was okay. I’ll be hot at night starting Wed when I get back to Nica.

No comments:

Post a Comment