Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 29, 2012

I packed my stuff and took a load to the car and then went in to enjoy the free hot breakfast. I had some scrambled eggs and a waffle. I was very happy.

I finished loading up and stopped for gas on the corner. The name of the business was On the Run. That made me smile because one of our favorite convenience stores in León is On the Run. I have to say it was different at this one. For one thing, you don’t pump your own gas in Nica. Also, it was freezing cold in the wind at this one and it’s always hot in Nica.

Anyway, I was on my way by 9:00am. It was a good day for driving and I had just enough time to get to Branson for the meeting.

Our meeting was at Montana Mike’s Restaurant (I found out there are actually 2 in Branson-haha) and most everyone was there when I arrived about 11:45am. It was fun to see everyone. Manuel was looking good and happy. We enjoyed some good food and then had a blast talking about the ministry.

We voted in different people for Chairman, Vice-Chariman and Sec-Treasurer. Mike recapped the year and shared his vision for next year. Some of us shared our feelings about being a part of the ministry. There were tears and laughter and bonding. I felt very good from the time together.

It was about 3:30pm when I set off for Rogers. The roads were fine and the sun was starting to get low in the sky. After driving almost 1300 miles on the interstate, it was weird driving 2 hours on the hilly, winding roads between Branson and Rogers.

When I got back to Rogers, I was hungry and knew that I didn’t have groceries at Deanna’s. I didn’t feel like stopping at the grocery store. I was having a hard time deciding what restaurant to drive thru. I finally chose Acambarro, but couldn’t decide on what dinner to get. So I ordered 2 dinners and shared with Deanna. I was glad to get home and get my car unpacked and get a hot dinner and get in my jammies. It was good to see Deanna. Jet met me at the door. I only have a few nights here before I leave for Nica and I’m going to enjoy Deanna and Jet while here!

God blessed me with a very safe and happy trip over this Christmas season. I don’t deserve the love and joy that God gives me. I’m very thankful to be His child and His servant. I can’t imagine my life any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment