Saturday, January 5, 2013

December 30-31, 2012

Sunday, the 30th, found me feeling a little under the weather. This whole month of December had me going 90 miles an hour almost every day and I think it all caught up with me. I stayed home and watched FBC Rogers live online, which was nice.

I rested all day, which made Deanna very happy. She has been fussing at me to slow down and she was glad to see me take her advice, even if it was for just one or two days! I did some computer work and piddled a little bit with packing for Nica. But for the most part, I read, watched some tv, made some phone calls and napped.

New Year’s Eve, I got a little bit of work done and then had lunch with my friend Glenda, who is coming to Nica in a few weeks. I also picked up some Christmas cards from the church and got to chat quickly with my friend Julio (who I will always call Jeff). Anyway, it was a nice visit. Glenda had printed off a huge report for me that I had emailed to her and I was very thankful for that favor!

I ran to the bank to get cash to carry to Nica. I just happened to remember that it was the last day that the bank would be open before I left. Oops! Then I ran to the post office to mail some packages and to check my PO box. I had a few Christmas cards in there and I also had a couple of sweet checks as gifts. How wonderful! People bless me so much with prayers and support. I wish I could find a way to show them how much it means to me.

I went home and chilled for New Year’s Eve. The count down shows didn’t really interest me much, so I spent a lot of time watching the Food Network and HGTV. ☺ I made it until 11pm, but then just went to bed. I was still feeling kind of yucky and I was looking forward to sleeping in the next morning.

I usually spend New Year’s Eve by myself, reflecting over the past year. I didn’t feel up to going over my personal calendar for the year, but I did just sit and talk with God about the things that stood out most in my memory. He is forever Faithful and I’ll love Him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment