Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 3-5, 2013

I woke up each morning to the sounds of birds, roosters, horses and carts, trucks, Buster barking, people working around the house. It feels so good.

On Thursday, I got to see Alberto, Saturnino, Lesly, Jaasiel, Aracelys, Erika, Jorge and Edmundo. I started unpacking my suitcases, which were full of ministry stuff and gifts for everyone. I visited with Lesly and Jaasiel while they were working in the office. We all had lunch together (rice and beans, fried cheese, tostones). I had rice and beans only and loved it! Everyone got their work done and then went home in the mid afternoon.

On Friday, it was business as usual. Mike got here the night before and came to work in the office and to have some meetings. Mayela came back to work, too. I enjoyed lunch with the gang and we had rice and beans and some ground beef with lime. It was very good! Erika is trying to find some other dishes to prepare for the teams that are tasty for North Americans and also affordable. I like everything she cooks!

Estefanie came over to meet with me on plans for the classes that we are starting on Monday. She brought her 15 year old cousin, who speaks English and we had a great time teasing Estefanie.

For dinner, I made some salmon patties and shared with Alberto. I had made them before and he had never had them. He likes them, so I’ll probably share with him every time I make them.

I read a bit, practiced guitar, watched a video, showered and hit the bed.

Saturday, I slept until 8:30am. How wonderful! I started working on some VOH stuff and then Mike came over to work in the office. We chatted a little about different stuff going on with the ministry. There are lots of new opportunities coming along. God is really blessing. There are also things to deal with that are bumps in the road. But God is in charge and we need to be faithful to listen to Him and to do what He leads us to do.

I was going to get my haircut today, but my phone wouldn’t let me call out, so I didn’t get the chance to call Edwin (taxi). I decided that I would wait until Tuesday, my next day with some free time.

Mike left about noon and offered to drop me uptown, but I had decided to just hang out here. I got here Wed pm and haven’t left the premises at all. I think I’m recovering from all of the running of the last month in the states! I did quit working on ‘work’ and did some personal stuff.

I asked Alberto to order a veggie pizza to be delivered and I shared it with him. It was very good. We sat and talked a lot about the US. He always wants to know what I think about the economy and politics and stuff. With my limited Spanish and lack of interest on the subject, we don’t have long conversations. Haha Actually, we talk a lot. He tends to mumble and I have a hard time understanding him with my hearing loss, but we make it happen.

After a nice nap, I swam for a little bit for some exercise. Buster likes to swim with people and he kept jumping in and out of the pool. He is so funny.

The cat, which no likes, had somehow gotten out of our property and was on the other side if the chainlink fence between us and the priest’s house. This happened before I left in early December. No one went to get it and it stayed next to the fence most of the time. Lesly would feed it through the fence. It was getting skinny. On Friday, it appeared in our property again. All the workers were amazed. I guess it got skinny enough to get through the fence. It has done nothing but eat and sleep constantly since it got back! I guess we sound cruel, but you would have to know this cat to be able to pass judgment. Anyway, last night I kept hearing bumping around outside under the rancho. I looked to see what critter might be out there. It was Buster and the cat wrestling and playing. Then they took off walking down the patio like buds. Oh brother!

It’s been a good couple of days. I have gotten a lot of work done and still had time to rest and relax. My cold is pretty much gone and even though I didn’t know how exhausted I was from my US travels, I can feel myself getting refreshed.

God is good and faithful and generous and awesome. I’m so glad that He watches out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment