Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 2, 2013

Travel Day!
I got up early and was ready to leave by 8:00am. Deanna went to the Wellness Center to walk, so we said our goodbyes and I waited on my ride.

My pharmacy didn’t have all my meds for 6 months for Nica before New Year’s, so Debbie delivered the meds to me personally before 9am. What great service!

My friend Cathy came to get me for breakfast and then the ride to the airport. We had a nice breakfast of French toast and hot tea at Village Inn. Then it was off to the airport. We got the chance to talk a lot about Nica and the next women’s team that she is bringing down in October. Also, we talked about our families and the holidays. It’s always so nice to spend time with her!

My traveling was great for the whole day. No problems with any flights. My layover in ATL was just right – long enough for a hot meal and bathroom breaks and rest, without being too long. I was comfortable on both of my flights. The cold medicine made me just sleepy enough to doze a little bit. I got to Managua and Jorge was waiting for me. Now, the ride from Managua to León was another matter! I get car sick easily, but sometimes can handle it. This night was not one of those times. I think because of the darkness, I couldn’t get my body accustomed to the motion. Maybe since I had been in 2 planes earlier it had some thing to do with it, too. Anyway, I was soooo sick at my stomach! I had to lay the seat down and will myself not to throw up. I just wanted the hour and a half ride to end. I knew if I had to stop to throw up, it would just add more time to the trip. I was praying like crazy! We finally made it to the team house and I was soooo thrilled!

Alberto and Buster met me at the team house. I got my stuff into the room and immediately started feeling better from not being in a moving car! I didn’t have to unpack anything, since I live here, so I just got out some jammies and hit the bed! I slept sooooo good all night! When I woke up (as I often do throughout the night) I just went right back to sleep. It was wonderful! It was so good to be back ‘home’ in Nica!

No comments:

Post a Comment