Saturday, December 1, 2012

November 29, 2012

It’s my last day for English class for this year! I’ve enjoyed this class so much! They are great kids! We have learned a lot from each other! I took some bookmarks in English for them to have and a few simple little gifts for them. It was a fun class. I read the lyrics to a lot of English Christmas songs. We learned about old time words, phrasing to make lines rhyme, and listening to whole stanzas to see the picture being painted with words. And we talked about how silly some of those songs are! They learned some new vocabulary, too. It was a blast!

Estefanie met me at the academy after class to go to the team house to work with me. We stopped to buy minutes for my Nica phone and then grabbed a taxi. Estefanie joined us for lunch and then we worked a while. We discussed the Women’s Ministry stuff (Bible study, Sewing Co-op), Children’s Ministry stuff (getting resources ready), and English Bible study plans. We got the chance to talk to Pastor Eddy and Pastor Yader about their choices for leaders in their churches for the Women’s and Children’s programs. Estefanie is my wonderful translator and she is now like an assistant to me, too! She is going to make phone calls for me while I’m in the states. Hopefully, we will have things in pretty good shape to jump right in with our ministry stuff when I get back in January. I just love working with Estefanie.

After we got done working, we hung out with Lesly and Jaasiel for a little while. It was nice to spend some personal time together. These girls are such a joy to me!

They went home and I did some laundry and worked on the computer. German came by to get some stuff, so I got to play for just a few minutes with his son Ishmael, who is growing up! I think he’s 4 or 5 now.

I was very tired, so I skipped guitar practice and reading and I just watched a (long) movie and then went to bed.

It has been such a great day. I love this time of rest and renewal! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment