Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 5-15, 2012

My first week back in the states has been very busy. I’ve been running around buying things to take back to Nica. I want to have most of that done before going to Indiana for Christmas.

For the week, I’ve visited with: Nana Ruth, Jaime & Oliver, JP, Vickie Brown, Angela, Janalyn, Sharon, Kesha, Deborah, Jeremy, Rhonda, Deb, Bob, Nicole, Jeff, another Jeff, Jerry, Celia, Sonja, Mary Claire, Billy, Glenda, Jim, Kellie, Beverly, Avis, Teresa… I’ve been blessed to have meals with many of these people and have enjoyed being with them all.

I’ve shopped at numerous places, some of them more than once: Walmart (both in Rogers and 1 in Bentonville), Sally’s Beauty Supply, GNC, Payless, Hobby Lobby, SoundArt, Ben Jacks, LifeWay Christian store, Staples, Kohl’s, Target, Bath & Body Works, Dollar General, Rogers Sewing Center and Best Buy.

I’ve been blessed to eat at many places: Arbys, Texas Land and Cattle, MiMi’s, Smokin’ Joes, Red Robin, Chili’s, Olive Garden, and had lunch at 2 friend’s homes. It’s quite a treat for me to get so many different types of food.

I’ve had a list of specific items to take back to Nica for friends there and for the ministry. One of the things that I’ve been shopping for is a guitar. I’ve had fun looking at them. It’s hard to choose. I’m thankful to have some personal spending money from some wonderful friends. I’m very excited to continue learning to play. I’ve had a blast looking for the special items to make people happy.

I’ve done A LOT of computer work on the Feeding Center kids and have a ton more work to continue over the next few weeks. Then it’s back to the usual heavy workload, but not as crazy as these last weeks have been.

I’ve been able to watch the worship service from FBC Rogers live on-line. The first of a 3 part series started when I was still in Nica. It’s been wonderful.

I’ve also loved being able to worship with Cuerpo Vivo church. I just love to sing praises in Spanish. Since I have to really concentrate on the words, it makes me focus more on them. I block everything else out of my mind except those words to my Lord. I also love to listen intently to the sermon in Spanish. I understand most of it and I’m thankful for that. Seeing all my friends from Cuerpo Vivo church is such a thrill for me. They are so loving and encouraging. I truly feel accepted and loved. As much as I love being in Nica most of the year, I miss being in Cuerpo Vivo, too. I should count my blessings that I have 2 wonderful places to long to be.

I’ve been working on Christmas cards for my supporters. I truly appreciate all they do for me. I couldn’t serve in Nica without their support. I’m blessed to have many prayer partners, too.

It’s been a short visit in time, but long in accomplishment. I still have lots on my to-do list, but I’m not stressing over it. I ask God all the time to order my steps. I usually get in His way, and that’s when I feel frustrated or stressed. When I turn things back over to Him, I feel a sense of peace and confidence.

I’m so thankful that God is willing to walk along side me and constantly pick up the pieces of my silly attempts to accomplish things. He is ever patient, and forgiving and encouraging.

I want to spend my time in this next week visiting with friends, doing what God has planned for me, and celebrating Jesus’ birth. I want to treasure every minute. I want to glorify God with every breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment