Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 22-23, 2012

Saturday morning and we were up early and ready to make some fudge! Conner helped me a little bit. Isaac had went with Terry to work on Dad’s house. The boys are pretty good when you have them one at a time. Haha Sandy mixed up more batches of cookies and put the dough in the fridge for baking later.

I love Sandy’s new kitchen. It looks so much bigger and she has 2 ovens now, so cookie baking will be a lot faster!

Conner, Sandy and I got ready to head into town to pick up Stacey for some shopping. On the way, we realized that we hadn’t had lunch yet, so we stopped at Subway and got sandwiches to go.

When we got into town, we were sitting at a stoplight. Sandy was looking over at a couple of guys working on scaffolding at an apartment building about half a block away. All of a sudden she said ‘oh no!’ ‘Oh my God!’ ‘get my phone out and call 911’. I thought that maybe someone had gotten rear-ended and was looking in the side mirror. I had heard a thud sound. We pulled across the street and parked on the side of the building. Sandy grabbed her phone and ran around the corner. Conner and I stayed in the car. She came back to the car about 20 minutes later, after police and ambulances arrived. It turns out that the guys she was watching on the scaffolding (which was just 2 ladders, 1 board and a rope tied between the bottom of the ladders) had fallen when a car drove through the parking garage entrance that they were working above. The car caught on the rope and the ladders fell. The guys fell on top of the car and then onto the concrete. One guy was trying to get up and Sandy had to hold him down until the ambulance got there. The other guy wasn’t moving and was bleeding from the back of his head. One guy went to the local hospital and the one with the head injury was life-flighted to a hospital in Indianapolis. Sandy was shook up and had blood on her pants. Conner was calm but thought that those guys would probably break a bone or two. It was an interesting moment.

We finally made it to Stacey’s and went to Walmart for some Christmas shopping. We split up and went our own ways. It was pretty fun. The store was full, but not too crazy. We all came back to Sandy’s for yummy chili for dinner.

Conner and Isaac spent the night again and no one had to sleep with me, which made many of us happy. ☺


Sunday morning I got up and went to meet Mom and Gary at church. It was a nice service. Then we went to lunch and I had turkey and dressing. Afterward, we all ended up at Walmart, but I didn’t see them. I just had fun walking around and looking at stuff.

I got a nice afternoon nap, even with the boys playing in the house. I’ve been fighting a sinus issue with antibiotics and the nap did me much good.

Sandy, Terry, Stacey, Rob, Colten, Bentley, Conner and Isaac all piled into the car and headed to the Louisville Zoo (about 1.5 hours away) to drive through some Christmas lights. I chose to stay at Sandy’s house and have some ‘me’ time. I didn’t think going on a road trip (I get carsick) with all the rambunctious kids sounded like very much fun. I had a great time here finishing wrapping gifts, catching up on my blog, practicing guitar and having leftovers for dinner. They got back about 9pm. I got to hold Bentley and give him a bottle and cuddle a little bit. I loved it! Stacey and Rob took the boys home so it was very quiet around here for the night.

I can’t believe Christmas is so close! I’m enjoying my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment