Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 1-4, 2012

I’m at the team house by myself (along with the acting guards filling in for Alberto). Edmundo stays during the day and Saturnino spends the night. It is soooo peaceful. Even Buster (the dog) is chillin’. I’m really enjoying this quiet retreat time for me before I head to the states for a whirlwind month of family and friends in 2 states for the holidays.

I spent Saturday and Sunday reading, doing a lot of computer work on Feeding Centers (but even that was pleasant in the tranquil setting), napping, exercising in the pool, watching videos on my computer, praying, listening to Christmas music and just hanging out with Buster.

I watched my home church FBC Rogers AR on-line on Sunday morning. It was the 1st part of a 3 part concert/worship service covering the announcement, arrival and atonement of Christ. I was very happy to get to watch it from Nica. I worked a lot on the Feeding Center files on the computer. In the evening, I got to have a skype conversation with a couple of great ladies who work with an organization in Nica. I’ll get to meet them face to face one of these days, but until then, we had a great time sharing our visions and blessings of working for the Lord.

Monday was another long day of working on the computer. I was making a lot of headway, but there is still a lot of work left to be done. I also got some laundry done, since I needed to start packing my suitcase for my trip to the states! In the afternoon, Lesly, Jorge and I took a camioneta (little truck bus) downtown for some ice cream. I took a taxi back to the team house and started cleaning my room and packing. Pastor Eddy called to see if I was at the house. He came over to chat. I was thrilled that I could understand him, since we spoke totally in Spanish. He wanted to pray over me and my trip. I also prayed for him and his ministry to the people of Monte Horeb, and his relationship with a special lady! It was a very nice evening.

I finally got my suitcase packed. I don’t take much back to the states, so I pack my medium suitcase and put it inside my large one. I carry my Kindle and stuff in my carryon. I use my laptop backpack as my ‘personal’ item. My large (stuffed) suitcase only weighed 30 pounds. I like having the set, though, because I fill them to the brim with ministry supplies when I fly back to Nica. I got everything situated in my room and set my alarm for 3am and went to bed for a few hours.

Jose arrived early to take me to the airport. We left a little early and I got to the airport about 5:15am. There were lots of people in line before me, so it took 2 hours to check in, go through immigration and security. I grabbed a bagel and water and settled in to wait. I made a few phone calls on my Nica phone to use up some of the minutes. It had been a good morning so far.

My flights on from Managua to Atlanta and Atlanta to NW Arkansas were fine. I enjoyed a grilled sub at the Atlanta airport and snoozed a little bit on the first flight. Not a bad day of travel. It was cold when we arrived in Rogers. My friend Cathy picked me up and brought me home. It was nice to see her. I hope to get to spend time with her while in Arkansas. It was good to get home to Deanna’s. I wasn’t exhausted and it wasn’t late. It was nice.

Now I’m back in the states. The next 4 weeks are going to go by fast. I’ll get to see lots of friends and family. I have a ton of personal things to take care of, as well as a huge project for VOH to get done. I’m going to try to enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment