Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 27-28, 2012

The ladies left for the airport at 3am. I got up to say goodbye and give hugs. It’s bittersweet to see them go. I know they are anxious to get back to their real world and I know that they were touched and changed by all they did and saw this week. I also know that many Nica women were touched by them. God worked through this team in many ways. It’s been so special. After the ladies left through the gate, I was back in bed and probably asleep before they left León. I was happy to have them here and also happy to be staying here myself in my ‘home’.

Once we all got up for the morning, Mary, Sue and I took turns getting our laundry done. I worked on the computer a bit. We sorted through the ministry stuff left. I got a nap.

The Husley’s came over and Sherry got some very much missed pool time. Manuel kept us entertained. We had left-overs for lunch and dinner. It was a nice quiet day.


Sunday:
We got up and went to church at Monte Horeb. Pastor Eddy let Manuel help lead the worship music. We had forgotten Manuel’s tambourine and had to make a quick u-turn to go back and get it. Manuel has great rhythm and he does a good job helping Pastor Eddy. I enjoy hearing Eddy because he speaks clearly and somewhat slowly. Sue said she could understand him, too. We don’t get every word, but most of it. We had a few funny moments at church with dogs and kids. It was a nice service and I loved being there.

We ate lunch at Tip Top Chicken and stopped in at La Unión grocery store. Then we headed to the team house. Manuel swam and then played the drums while Sue sang with him. He’s enjoying having a new audience! I grabbed a quick nap and worked on the computer.

It’s been a nice quiet day and we are ready to hit the salt mine tomorrow.
I’m counting my many blessings and I’m so thankful to my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment