Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 1-7, 2012

Monday morning and I start off by taking my packed suitcase and bag of special food to house/dog/cat sit for my friend Alice. She lives in a very nice house in a gated community and I had fun meeting one of the gate keepers! I got settled in with the pooches and then went out to run errands.

I met with Neomi at Deanna’s house to give her some things that I was ready to pass along. It is always nice to see her. I packed up the car with boxes and tubs for storage.

I then headed south to Springdale to put some stuff in my donated storage unit. I was so tired and didn’t want to have to make that trip, but my time is so limited, that every moment counts. I bribed myself into going by having an early dinner at AQ Chicken restaurant on the way back. I can’t have their wonderful fried chicken, but I had a delicious meal of grilled chicken and sweet potato casserole. It was heavenly!

On the way back to Rogers, I called and then met with my friend Leslie, who had some Avon for me. It was wonderful to see her little girl Jenna. What a cutie! Then it was back to the dogs and settling in for the night at my sitting job. It was a good day.

On Tuesday, I ran by Deanna’s to use my computer and then made a quick trip to Walmart. I had lunch with Janalyn at Abuelos Restaruant and it was a blessing for me to be able to treat her to lunch! We had a great time and the food was good! I ran back to the church, then back to Deanna’s for some more computer work and then Nana Ruth and I had a nice early dinner at Red Lobster. I just love getting to see everyone and also to get to eat at these yummy places! I was back home early with the critters.

On Wednesday, I headed back to Deanna’s for some more computer time. I had lunch with Kellie at Chutny’s Indian restaurant. It was great! Then I met Noemi and Genesis over at Deanna’s for a few minutes. Genesis is very afraid of dogs, but likes Jet. I then ran some errands and had an early dinner and went back to the critters. My allergies are starting to kick in since the 2 dogs and 1 cat sleep in the bed with me. I’ll have to watch that!

Thursday started with me back at Deanna’s for computer work then I had a lunch meeting with the Hulsey’s at Olive Garden. It’s kind of our special place to eat. It was so good to see Manuel. He is doing great on his new medication. He was fun. I took a bunch of stuff to storage in Springdale and grabbed a large lemonade from Chick-Fil-A.

Friday morning I ran by the old FBC building on Olive street to visit the volunteers at the Food Pantry and Friday Meals. It’s always fun to see everyone working there. I got caught helping the janitor figure out what to do with some stuff and was late to my lunch date with Deborah Seay. But she was very understanding. We had a great chat and plan to do it again. She is still acclimating back to Arkansas after living in Hong Kong for the past few years. We had lots to share with each other and God gave us that time to minister to each other. It was sweet.

I had a mammogram appointment and it went very fast and easy. I was only out of my car a total of 30 minutes! Everything was fine on the mammogram and I was happy. I called to report to my sister, Pam, who had breast cancer 2 years ago. She was glad to hear of my good report.

My allergies were really bothering me, so I ran some errands, grabbed some quick takeout and went home to be with the critters. I went to bed early.

On Saturday, I went home to Deanna’s about 3pm, after Alice got back from her trip. I was in time to join Deanna and Amy to go to a 60th wedding reception for some friends of ours, the Barbees. It was very special. I then ran to Walmart for some items and stopped in to visit my friend Donna at the Vision Center. I always enjoy chatting with her.

Sunday was a great day. Because of GIC next weekend, this was my last Sunday at Cuerpo Vivo until December. God has really been ministering to me through Pastor Jaime’s sermons lately. Just what I need at the right time! The chuch came forward to pray for me. It was so special.

I stopped for lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant. I saw a young lady who seemed to be trying to get the most food that she could from the takeout box. She looked like she was sick. I felt compelled to give her money to buy another take out box. I thought that she might be trying to feed many people from that one meal. When I gave her the money she said that God must have spoken to me. Yes, He did. I was blessed to help her.

Later in the afternoon, I went to a Missions committee meeting at FBCR. It was informative and I appreciated getting to meet Jim Shaw, who came on staff after I left the staff to work full time in Nica. I was ready for bed and to try to knock out my allergy symptoms. I had talked with my doctor (Bob) at the meeting and he said he would call me in a prescription for some antibiotics on Monday. What a blessing to go to church with your doctor! Not to mention that he prays for me, too!

Yes, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment