Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 26, 2012

Fun Day!!!

Normally, we take a new team to Masaya, the zip line, Granada and such for their fun day. It’s a very long day (longer than a work day, usually) and more fun for youth. We thought that the ladies would appreciate their Fun Day being spent here in León, shopping, lunch in town, etc. And we were right. Everyone enjoyed the day.

We had breakfast and then left for the market at Estación, shopped at Plaza del Carmen and then had lunch at El Callejon (a small restaurant that we love). Then we did more souvenir shopping downtown, walked around a small park with a mural as Estefanie told about the history, looked at the cathedral (which was closed due to construction and upkeep), walked through more shops and then went to the La Unión grocery store (for great coffee to take back home).

We went back to the team house for rest, packing and swimming. Then we took everyone out to Suyapa restaurant at Las Peñitas beach. The ladies got to walk along the beach and take some pics and enjoy themselves. Dinner was very tasty, as always.

After dinner, Sherry drove us over to their house so the ladies could see where they live. (Mike couldn’t go with us for dinner.) The yellow van and all of us needed to go back to the team house. Sherry and Mike needed to end up at their house. Instead of having them drive both of their vans across town (and keep Manuel up past his bedtime), I volunteered to drive the yellow bus home. Now, I can drive a standard vehicle and I can drive a big van and I can drive in Nica. I just have not wanted to do all three of those things at the same time. But it was night time and I knew there would be less traffic. So I volunteered. It was very funny when I took off the parking break and couldn’t find the gas pedal (which was way over to the right – it felt like it was under the radio!). We backwards a little bit and I’m famous for backing into a tree here. But that was the only scary part. Mary said Mike’s face was so funny to look at. I bet he was very scared! But the yellow bus is not hard to drive and we made it home fine. Mary was my co-pilot and I knew if she wasn’t screaming that I was doing okay. ☺

We got back to the team house for the last night in Nica. We had share time and Devotion.

Then the ladies got their stuff ready for departure and went to bed for a couple hours sleep before getting on the van at 3am the next morning.

I was sorry to think about them leaving, but I was so blessed to have them here this past week. Mary and I enjoyed them very much! Sue, who is from a different church, fit right in. We all had a blast and laughed and cried together throughout the week.

I truly was blessed by this week of Women Blessing Women. I can’t wait for the 2 different teams coming next October. I hope we have many more teams like these. There is much discipleship to be done here in Nica. These women have a special place in my heart and it thrills me to have women from the states come and love on them. I’m beyond words to explain how I feel.

God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment