Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 17, 2012

It was great waking up in my Nica room. There aren’t many loud birds in the early mornings right now. Maybe because it’s winter here (hot and rainy). Oh well, it’s nice not to have them waking me up!

After some oatmeal for breakfast and lots of hugs with the workers I settled down to unpacking my suitcases. It didn’t take long at all.

German and all of us had a meeting regarding the women’s team that is coming in next Saturday. Everything looks fine except for not getting to have one of the translators that I had asked for. I’m actually pretty bummed that she was not asked to work with us. I was depending on her to lead worship. But it’s not my decision to make, so we’ll do fine. I can’t wait to see her sometime later, though!

We had lunch of fried chicken (which I had to pass on, but it looked good!), rice and beans. I really enjoyed the rice and beans. We had a lot of fun talking and laughing. It was nice.

I gave the workers the special things that I had brought back for them. I love getting to bless them with things they hope for and it’s easy for me to get them in the states.

I spent some time on the computer working on the women’s trip, helping Oliver with details for the flights for himself and Jaime in November, and various other projects.

I fixed tuna sandwiches from my grocery stash in my room and watched a video on my computer. I actually went to bed at 9pm to read and fall asleep early. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment