Thursday, October 18, 2012

September 27-30, 2012

Thursday, My flight back to Arkansas was good. I got to spread out in a whole row of seats since the plane was not full on a week day. Cathy picked me up at the airport and took me to my friend Vickie’s house to pick up her car for the next 3 weeks. What a blessing!

I ran to Walmart for some groceries and then got back to Deanna’s house and my AR home! So good to see Jet and even the cat Lucy Alice! Deanna is always a warm welcome for my heart! I’m truly blessed to get to live with her when I’m in the states!

Friday morning I went to the FBC Rogers church to chat with a couple of the preschool classes about being a missionary in Nica. That was a hoot! I also got to visit with Glenda, who will be coming to Nica for a week in January.

The rest of Friday was busy with a visit to the Lifeway Christian store, lunch at Maria’s restaurant (where I ran into Koenia and Wayne and talked a little about them bringing a team to Nica), I got a haircut, ran by the post office to check my PO Box and then went home to Deanna’s and made some phone calls.

Saturday, I stayed home and worked on my room, packing and sorting and then getting on the computer a lot to prepare for the upcoming GIC – Missions conference at FBC Rogers. It was a good day. I even snuck in a little nap!

Sunday morning I went to speak to one of the Ladies’ Bible study classes that helps to support me. It was fun to visit with them. Then I hightailed it over to the Spanish church Cuerpo Vivo for worship service. I was so thankful to have the use of a car so that I could be at both churches that morning.

There is so much on my plate for the next few weeks. Sometimes I get overwhelmed. I also have many things that need decisions made. I pray for guidance for them all.

I’m thankful that God allows me to have this crazy life. Sometimes I think it would much easier if I lived a ‘normal’ life of a secular job with all the security of benefits and such. But I love doing what God calls me to do. He is faithful in all things. I’ll keep doing what He says all the days of my life. One day He will sit me down to stay in one place more, but until then, I’ll keep moving!!! I’m thankful that He makes the plans and not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment