Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012

This morning I woke up fine. I wake up a lot during the night. I usually wonder where I am because I have moved around so much in the last 2 months. Too many beds to get used to…

I stripped my bed this morning to wash the sheets and have a wonderfully fresh bed for tonight. They were working on the water pump on one of the tanks, so I didn’t get to finish washing them until later, but I did get them put back on the bed before bedtime!

Mary and I went by taxi to La Unión grocery store. We picked up some personal groceries, changed some money and bought phone minutes. It was fun. On the way back to the team house, we stopped at a store and I bought 225 notebooks for us to use at the women’s conference next week. Edwin, our favorite taxi driver helped me load them into the car. I gave him extra money for waiting for me and helping to carry the stuff. He’s a very nice guy.

I had brought back from the states a couple of hats from NYC. I gave one to Alberto and Saturnino. They really liked them.

Saturnino fixed my broken toilet and I was very grateful. He works so hard and I appreciate him so very much!

After lunch of rice mix, Mayela and I met about the changes to the Feeding Centers. Mary sat in on the meeting to know about things, too. The three of us will go tomorrow morning to work on documents at the newest Feeding Center at the old Dump. This one got started right after I left for the states, so I’m anxious to see it in action!

I did some emails and computer work and then left with Mayela to up town. I went to get a haircut from my favorite stylists in Nica. She said that she thought I was out of the country since I hadn’t been in. I told her I just got back Tuesday night and couldn’t wait to see her! I grabbed a taxi home and got settled in for the night.

I got a shower and then put the sheets back on my bed. I had a dinner of baked potato and then a snack of peanut butter and apples. Yum!

I’ve spent the last 4 hours updating over 3 weeks of blog posts. I’m ready to read and go to bed now! But it sure feels good to get caught up!

I’m so thankful to be here and serve God how ever He asks.

What a mighty and powerful and smart and loving and awesome and…. God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment