Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 11, 2012

2012 Global Impact Celebration (GIC)
First Baptist Church, Rogers AR

Day 2

At 10am, all the missionaries met with prayer partners in the sanctuary for special prayer time. I got to pray with Gene and ML Engle. It was very nice.

Then we went to the Senior Adult Luncheon. I just love hanging out with that group! I want to be just like them when I grow up! The speaker was from The Jesus Film ministry and his talk and video were very moving. I had tears in my eyes for sure!

Right after the luncheon, we went back to the sanctuary for a special time of talking with the 1st-5th grade kids from the FBC Christian School. It was fun to hear some of the other missionaries talk about their ministry. Mike and I split time for VOH. Mike gave some general info about the ministry and I chatted a little bit more on the kid’s level about what we do. It worked out well. I really enjoyed the kid’s questions for Ramesh and Esther from India. One child wanted to know why they weren’t wearing shoes. It’s out of respect of the holy ground of the church and also to show respect to your host. Another child wanted to know what kind of food they eat in India. Then a kid asked if they had a Walmart. The answer was no and the follow up question was ‘when are you going to get one?’ haha. John Hurley did a great job explaining about the compassion kits for Dubai. On the way back to the classrooms, the kids were allowed to come by our displays. I gave them all a prayer card with my picture on it so that they could remember to pray for me. I love those prayers!!! It was quite fun!

I ran over to visit with Deanna for a few minutes. I didn’t have enough time to go to Cathy’s and rest and then get back to the church. So visiting Deanna for about 30 minutes was just what I needed!

Back to the church for a cookout of hotdogs and hamburgers. I sat at a table with Jaime, Oliver and their wives. We had a lot of fun talking and laughing. I just love them so much! I’m glad that I get to work with them more in the next year.

We ended the evening back in the sanctuary for some interviewing of part of the missionaries. Lots of fun and information. Mike was on stage and when it came to his turn, he said ‘yes, I’m the man that Vickie works with’. He had been asked that so many times it drove him crazy. I’ve been back to the church more in the last couple of years than they Hulsey’s have. Besides working on staff for a few years, many people know me and they put me, Nicaragua and the Hulsey’s together in their minds. It was funny! I’m so glad that Mike and Sherry, Manuel and Charlie Brown got to be there for the conference. Many people got to meet Mike for the first time and many finally got to talk to him. It was great.

We went out to our displays and people came around and talked to us some more. I loved the time of fellowship. Another great evening of praising God for what He is doing in His great big world!

No comments:

Post a Comment