Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 15, 2012

My last day in Arkansas for a few months. It feels strange to be going back to Nica tomorrow and not be stressed about packing and all the things that go along with leaving my room in order and such. But I had to get many of those things done before GIC started, so I’m ahead of the game. I’m so peaceful about it all that I wonder if I will forget to go to the airport! Haha

I do have errands to run, so I got some laundry caught up (from my week of staying with Cathy during GIC), picked up meds, had lunch (and ran into a friend who God put in my path for a specific project), stopped by SoundArt to buy some musical stuff, Cook’s Health Food Store, Post Office, gas station, Walmart, visit with my friend Donna, Chick-Fil-A for one last lemonade, Walgreens for a flu shot and then home to finish up packing and have rootbeer floats with Deanna.

While in the Walmart Vision Center to visit Donna, I ran into Betty and James Wilson, veteran missionaries from church. Donna was with a customer and I was just sitting at one of the little tables, so I invited them in to sit and visit. Donna joined us when through with her customer and we had a grand time. It was like it was my living room full of friends!

I went to bed late, but happy and ready to be back in Nica.

It’s hard to travel back and forth sometimes, especially if I stay in the states too long. These past 2 months have really been full of events and people. By the time I land in Nica on Tuesday night, I will have been on 10 planes in the last 2 months. That’s a little too many planes and too many days of living out of my suitcases on various excursions! I think I need to slow down a little bit!

I ended my day with a phone call to my dear friend Nana Ruth. She has some major changes going on in her life right now. I wish I could be there to spend more time with her, but I’m where God wants me to be and that’s where Nana Ruth would want me to be.

I’m truly blessed with many friends from all walks of life and different places in my life. They all help to make me the person that I am. I’m thankful to God for every moment and every person. Even though tough moments. He knows me, because He created me. He knows His plans for me. I’m thankful to be His.

No comments:

Post a Comment