Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 20, 2012

It seems weird that this date is here already. It’s been a milestone in my mind for over a year. It’s the date that the Ladies’ Mission Team from FBC Rogers is coming to serve the women of Nica. Cathy Krupka and I have been praying over this and planning it for a long time. It’s finally here!!!

Mary and I did some stuff around the house and then we left for the airport about 3:30pm. In Managua, we stopped at PriceSmart and I got my own membership card. We picked up some personal grocery items and I got the snacks for the Women’s conferences.

German and Jose met Edmundo, Mary and I at the store and then we went to the Central Mall food court for dinner. I enjoyed a Quiznos roast beef sandwich and soup. Yummy! Mary got a whopper from Burger King. She opened her sandwich to center her tomato and we all laughed when we saw the size of her hamburger. It must have been a child-sized patty because it was barely larger than the little slice of tomato. She was so mad. She said next time she’s going to get a Quiznos sandwich!

We took both vans and arrived at the airport to wait for the 3 flights that were bringing the team of 9. I saw Cathy and the ladies getting their luggage and tubs and going through Customs and then to us. It was wonderful to see them all! We sent the ladies (7 of them on that flight) in the yellow van to the team house with Mary to get situated. The luggage went into the other van that German, Jose, Laura, Sue & I would ride in, once their flights got in.

I missed seeing Laura coming through the door because I was told her flight was later. We kept missing each other going inside and out. I finally found her. She was tired (she had used some frequent flyer miles and had 2 layovers), but was happy to see us. Sue came in shortly after and we all headed to the team house about an hour behind the first van.

Everyone got settled in to their rooms and we were in bed by about 11pm. It was so good to have everyone here! I couldn’t wait for the ministry week to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment