Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 16, 2012

My morning was nice. Not too rushed. Just finishing up getting ready to spend the next 2 months in Nica. I felt so peaceful. I know it’s all the prayers that are going up for me from new and old friends after GIC. I’m thankful.

I said goodbye to Deanna as she left for Women’s Bible study work day. I packed the car with my luggage and drove to my friend Vickie’s house to pick her up. She had loaned me her car for the 3 weeks I was back in AR. It was such a blessing that I can’t even describe it! We drove to the airport and she let me out. She took a picture of me with all my luggage and put it on facebook. Haha

I got checked in with no problems. Security was fine. I then had a couple of hours before my flight, so I went to a restaurant and had brunch. It was grand.

My flight was fine. There weren’t any people in the exit rows, so the flight attendant let me move to one of those seats. I stretched out my legs and took a little snooze.

I’m flying Delta mostly now and am getting used to the Atlanta airport a little bit more. I had a nice late lunch at TGI Fridays, since I didn’t think I would get much dinner later. I made some phone calls and messed around on facebook and email on my phone.

My flight to Managua was fine. The last 30 minutes I met the guy sharing my row. He is from Barcelona and came from visiting his mom in LA to visit his dad in León. We are going to meet up for coffee or something. I want to introduce him to some of my guy friends here and maybe they can start a short time friendship while he is in town. It was fun to meet him anyway.

I got to the airport and there was no one to pick me up. I was a little concerned that maybe they forgot I was coming in. Mary was coming a little bit later on another flight. My Nica phone was not working and all my Nica numbers are in it. I finally got a hold of Mike and we texted back and forth. My ride was on his way and stuck in traffic. I was okay with waiting once I knew they were actually coming to get me. Once Jorge arrived, he put my luggage in the van and then I treated us both to some food while we waited for Mary. She arrived and we left for León.

It was 10:30 León time (11:30 bodyclock time) when we arrived at the team house. By 11pm, Mary and I were both tucked soundly in our rooms. I slept very well in my familiar bed. It felt good to be back.

I’m thankful for all that God does for me and provides for me. He is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment