Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 14, 2012

2012 Global Impact Celebration (GIC)
First Baptist Church, Rogers AR

Day 5

It’s Sunday and the last day of the conference!

I got up early to pack all my stuff since I would be staying in my room at Deanna’s that evening. I skipped my usual oatmeal and went by McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin as a treat! I got to church about 7:30am and found my first room for speaking. I got to share in an 8am class, worship at 9am, share in the 10:15 and 11am classes, too. It was a long morning, but fun.

Then we had a quick box lunch from a nice restaurant and a debriefing time. Then it was time to pack up my display. My sweet friend, Avis helped me. I felt a great sigh of relief that I had made it through the week. I had started the week on antibiotics and not feeling great. I ended up tired, but refreshed and very happy.

I got to Deanna’s and the ladies were all at a baby shower. The guys were headed to Cabella’s for some outdoor shopping. I laid down on the sofa in the den and caught a quick nap. After everyone returned and their car was packed, I brought my stuff in and got it all put away. I was very tired, but I wanted to have it done before bedtime.

I went to have dinner at my friends, the Janes family. Debbie and Kevin and Richard also joined us. We had very yummy veggie chibatta paninis, blackbean salsa salad, s’mores and apples drizzled with caramel. It was soo good. We spent part of the time sitting outside around the fire pit. I was thinking how peaceful it was to do that and why don’t we do that sometimes in Nica. Then I remembered that the wood is such a valuable commodity for cooking that it would be wasteful to burn it for any other reason. But the fellowship was fun. Miriam gave us a puppet show which was a modern version of Little Red Riding Hood. (Grandma lived in a condo, etc.)

I really enjoyed my time with everyone. I love that family!

I thought back over the past week and I believe that God was truly glorified and praised. I believe that He touched many hearts to ‘go’, ‘send’, ‘support’ and ‘pray’ for missions all over the world.

How wonderful that He allows us to be a part of what He is doing!! We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment