Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 8-10, 2012

2012 Global Impact Celebration (GIC)
First Baptist Church, Rogers AR

Day 1

What a great week!

On Monday and Tuesday, I was finishing up moving some things to storage, packing things for my return to Nicaragua after GIC and packing to stay with my friend Cathy during GIC. Deanna’s daughter, son-in-law and grandkids were coming from their mission church in Las Vegas and staying at the house, so I thought it a good idea to stay with Cathy to give them all room. Also, Cathy and I got the chance to talk a little bit about the upcoming women’s team to Nica that Cathy is leading.

Monday, I picked up some antibiotics for the sinus infection that I ended up with after dog and cat sitting for a week. But it was worth it. I had fun with the critters. Not to mention that I made some good money to put towards my trip back to Nica!

Tuesday, I had breakfast at the Treviño’s home and videoed something for Cuerpo Vivo church. It was very fun. I then went to the church and covered for Cathy in the prayer room for an hour. The time went by sooo fast. I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby for more fabric for my display. I ended up working on display stuff until 11pm, and then thankfully went to bed.

Wednesday afternoon was registration and display set-up time. I had been frantically trying to print off some newsletter handouts and some pictures to put on my display. I’m not very technically savvy, so I was having issues. I ended up taking the file for the handouts to Office Depot and paying a pretty penny to have 200 sets made. They did turn out pretty nice, so I guess it was worth it. But I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off all day. Since I didn’t have the pics to put on my display boards, I ended up doing plans B, C, D… But everything turned out pretty good. I had a TV monitor to show my slides of random Nica pics, explanations of what I do in Nica, some material for the Feeding Center sponsorship project, various items handmade in Nica, business cards and prayer cards. I also had a sign-up sheet for people wanting to be added to my email list. It turned out pretty nice, even if it wasn’t plan A.

We had a quick orientation dinner for the Missionaries and then the Kick-off Celebration started in the sanctuary. It was fun to see friends who are serving as missionaries in various parts of the world. We also had some veteran missionaries in the congregation and they were recognized as well. The FBC Children’s Choir did a great job singing in Swahili. After a great message by a special guest speaker, the missionaries manned their display tables and everyone came by to see our stuff and chat about our ministries. It was a wonderful time of fellowship!

It was 10pm by the time I headed off to Cathy’s on the other side of town. I was very tired, but very peaceful now that the stress of getting everything done was over. I felt very blessed to be a part of FBC Rogers and the GIC conference.

God was truly glorified and praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment