Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

We got to sleep in this morning, which was good for me sleeping off my allergy pill. I fixed my usual oatmeal for breakfast and then finished up my laundry and packing.

I have everything in my luggage except for 3 medium sized boxes of stuff for Nica. I’m going to send these to myself at Deanna’s house in AR today.

I ran into town to have lunch with my friend Peggy. I hadn’t seen her in over 16 years. I was surprised when she walked in with our friend Margaret! How fun! We sat and chatted so much that the waitress had to come back to our table 3 times just to get our order because we kept forgetting to look at the menus! We had a great lunch and sat there and talked for 2 ½ hours! It was so much fun to catch up. Next time I’m in town, we are definitely going to make a date ahead of time to together.

After our lunch chat, I went through Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte. I just love those and don’t get them in Nica. It was very tasty and hit the spot since it was drizzly out side.

I drove to the UPS store and shipped my boxes. I also sent a package to my sister Pam. I had bought them something in NYC and couldn’t find it for our lunch yesterday. I knew I would find it when I started packing and sure enough I did! I had also gotten her something when shopping here. Since they live out in the boonies, it was easier to ship the package.

I then stopped by Mom and Gary’s to give her a wind chime that I had found in my storage unit. I thought she would enjoy it. I got to visit with them for about 30 minutes and then needed to head back to Sandy’s.

Stacey and Colten came over for dinner. Sandy and I tried our hand at creating some cannoli filling. We don’t know how to make the cookie tubes yet, but we like the filling better anyway. We layered it with graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. We’ll have to see how it turns out. No matter what, we’ll keep practicing!

I get back to Arkansas tomorrow afternoon and I will hit the ground running. Cathy is picking me up and we are going to chat about the team she is leading to Nica in Oct. I will be speaking about Nicaragua to a Kindergarten class on Friday morning and then getting my hair cut Friday afternoon. I have a car to borrow, for which I am soooo grateful! I will be house/dog/cat sitting next week. I hope to get some projects done while there. It won’t be long before I’m back in Nica and I need to be thinking ahead!

Tomorrow I leave Indiana. It’s bittersweet. I get used to staying here with Sandy and Terry. The longer I stay, the harder to leave. I just have to leave it in God’s hands to protect my heart from sadness and to I’ll concentrate on fun of being together with loved ones when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment