Thursday, September 27, 2012

Monday, September 24, 2012

We got up and out early, starting with going to Stacey’s house to babysit Colten as we as jump on that internet!!! Sandy had a doctor’s appointment early and then Rob had one mid-morning. I was there for backup in case Sandy wasn’t back before Rob had to leave. But the timing worked out fine and I got to grab a 20 minute nap while waiting for Colten to wake up. Rob got to experience my terrible snoring, though. My reputation is continuing. I sure wish I didn’t snore, since it’s not good for me and it’s annoying for others, but I just can’t help it.

Anyway, after working on the internet a little more, we packed up Colten and took off for our errands. We grabbed Arby’s to eat in the car, since Colten was being a little stinker and we didn’t want to chance a scene in the restaurant.

We stopped at Walmart so that I could get a couple of shirts with longer sleeves, since it’s getting a little chilly here. Sandy stayed in the car hoping that Colten would fall asleep. As I was coming up to the car quietly in case the nap was in progress, I noticed Colten sitting upright waving at me.

Sandy got a call from Terry to meet him at Dad’s old house to help with putting some insulation in so that the drywall guy could be ready to start in the next few days. I watched Colten while Sandy and Terry worked inside the house. Colten and I watched the squirrels run and play and climb trees. We played tractor in the dirt. Colten then got a broom and helped sweep, until the broom handle bonked him on the head. Then he got Papaw’s work gloves on (picture floppy fingers) and a rubber mallet and started banging anything that didn’t move. He was a busy guy!

We got home and fixed dinner. Stacey came over to pick up Colten, who was quite a pill.

It was a beautiful day. It feels a little strange sometimes to be at Dad’s house with all the memories of living there while in high school and then in my 20’s when I rented from him. Then he moved back in and lived there the last 30 years. Now the house is down to studs, including the attic space, and being rebuilt. A big tree has been removed in the front. A lot of clean up work has been done and more will be coming. I’m glad that Sandy and Terry bought the house and are fixing it up. It feels a little like Dad’s memory is still there. I think it’s important to me since Dad and I weren’t close. I feel like I need more time to reconcile that he’s gone.

God has been revealing so many things to me in these 2 months in the states. I try to be aware every day to take in what He is showing me. I don’t always understand it, but I’m trying to remember it. He is amazing and I love following Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment