Sunday, September 2, 2012

Aug 8 - Aug 12, 2012

The remainder of the week was busy with getting things done before leaving for the states. A lot of errands, purchases, plans, emails, etc.

Wednesday was the last Women’s Bible Study for 2 months. Mary went with me and Estefanie. The ladies decorated for us and had some music. It was very special. I’ll miss them very much. I left them with some scripture verses to memorize while I’m gone. It will be fun to see who memorizes them. I need to get busy memorizing them my self!

Mary and I ran around some to celebrate our last week. We had ice cream and shopped a little bit. On Saturday morning, we went to have breakfast at great little place where North Americans and Europeans eat a lot. I had waffles and Mary had an egg plate. It was very good. We had eaten there with Charlie one day and we will eat there many more times, I’m sure.

We held a training event for the leaders and main cooks of the Feeding Centers. We held it at La Quimera Church/Feeding Center. We took one of our vans and picked up people on our way to the site. It was fun to travel together. The training went great and they were very thankful for the goodie bags that we packed for them (food staples and other goodies). It was a very good day.

Mike, Sherry, Manuel, Mary and I went to Suyapa for dinner on Saturday evening. It was very good. We ate upstairs and had a great view of the ocean and beach. We love to eat there.

Sunday was spent finishing laundry and packing. It was a very relaxing day. I felt very comfortable thinking about ‘visiting’ the states. God is so good to me and I can’t wait to see what He has to show me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment