Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 7-9, 2012

Friday started our marathon week of shopping and errands to get ready for our trip to NYC. I took care of some personal banking needs where I have the little nest-egg from my Dad’s estate. We got pedicures (how frivolous!), enjoyed a wonderful smoothie, spent some time with my Mom and step-dad and had lunch. We spent the evening at Sandy’s house. A very nice day!

Saturday morning, Sandy and I went to the outlet mall and met up with Stacey and then went to Greenwood for some shopping. I really enjoy looking at stuff and Sandy loves buying! We are both very clearance conscious and love looking for bargains. We enjoyed lunch and then headed back home. We stopped at the grocery store and I found some ‘allowed’ foods to fix this week. We stopped to pick up my 6 year old great-nephew Conner and his half brother Isaac. They spent the night with us at Sandy’s. It was interesting and fun!

Sunday morning, Sandy, Terry, me, the boys and Mom all met at the church near my Mom’s house. She and Gary are going to start going there. It was a very nice service. We went to the contemporary service because it was later and easier to get the boys to. I imagine that Mom and Gary will probably go to the earlier traditional service, but they like the contemporary one, too. I really like the Pastor and the people were very welcoming. I also loved being in a building that was older, but well kept up and added on to. It seemed refreshing to me not to be in a building that is brand spanking new and very expensive. The building seemed well loved and taken care of. The people seemed united and loving. I think Mom and Gary will be very happy there and I look forward to visiting there when I’m in Columbus visiting family.

My nephew Curtis came out Conner’s older half-sister Emily. Stacey, Rob and Colten came out and we had a cookout and some cake for Sandy’s early birthday. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed being outside. (Sandy’s birthday is actually on the 16th and she will be in NYC with me, so we’ll have to do something really fun for that day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment