Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I gave Deanna a call this morning. She’s doing well. Her grand-daughter was in a bad bike wreck and has had surgery on her hand, which was severed. She had a concussion, too. So scary. Deanna always forgets when I’m coming home. Even though she writes it down, she always seems surprised when I tell her. She’s a cutie.

Sandy had some early blood work done and then we went to Stacey’s and used the internet. I then borrowed the car and met my sister Pam and her husband Rob for lunch at Chili’s. We had a nice visit together and talked for about 2 hours.

Pam is doing pretty well after her breast cancer treatments. Rob is on disability from injuries from the car wreck they had about 6 years ago. They stay at home and live a quiet life. Pam has other health problems and they do the best they can. I’m glad that I got to visit with them. We keep in touch via internet, too. I was really glad to get to spend some time with them.

Sandy had to take a broken window to Seymour (a town about 20 miles south), so we took advantage of the trip and visited my uncle Jesse. He’s doing pretty well after his cancer surgery. I hadn’t seen him for years and I was glad to get to visit. Sandy and I also stopped at Dairy Queen and treated ourselves! I had a peanut buster parfait. I haven’t had one of those in years!!! It was very good!

We got home and had leftovers for dinner. I washed up some of my laundry and started packing my suitcases. It was evident that I can’t fit everything I’ve bought for Nica in the suitcases. So, I’ve started some boxes to UPS to myself.

We visited with Stacey and Colten a little while after Stacey got off work. Then we had a very quiet evening watching TV.

My allergies are getting bad again. There was even a front page story in the local paper about how bad they are for many people. I’ll have to take a pill tonight, which I don’t like to do, but will when needed.

It’s been a good day. Hard to believe that 3 weeks has gone by so fast. It’s hard for me to keep track of what day it is anyway. I’m glad that God has every second under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment