Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunday, Sept 16, 2012

Sandy’s birthday!! She’s trying to ignore it, but we’ll have fun in NYC anyway.

We took the subway down to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Ferry. Since we have the New York Pass, we got to skip the line to buy tickets and go to the security area. It wasn’t overly crowded, but it was nice to skip ahead. The weather was great, not too hot, but sunny. We skipped touring the Liberty Island, since the best views of the statue are actually from the water. We stayed on the ferry and went on over to Ellis Island. We spent a few hours touring Ellis Island and enjoying learning about the history.

We got back to Manhattan and took the subway to head to the Empire State Building. We had lunch in a restaurant on ground level of the building. It was yummy and then we up to the observation deck. Sandy thought the elevator going up to the 80th floor was fun. It was very fast, but didn’t feel weird. It just made our ears pop a few times.

I had been up in the building once before at nighttime and I remember it felt a little scary when I first walked out. I was expecting that same chill this time. Even though I’m very scared of heights, I was more comfortable during the daytime. I took some pictures and we looked around all four sides.

With our New York Pass, we were eligible to do the Sky Ride, but we chose not to scare ourselves. ☺ We came back down to ground level and marked the Empire State Building off of our bucket list.

We stopped in at Macy’s and checked out what the deal was for our discount with the New York Pass. We looked around a little bit, but since they didn’t have the Christmas merchandise out yet, Sandy wasn’t all that excited about shopping. I had no interest in buying anything anyway, but I do love riding up and down the old escalators between all 9 floors.

We stopped in at K-Mart for some items and then headed back to the hotel. My back was killing me. I had twisted or something and had muscle spasms and felt like something was pinched. I was miserable, but didn’t want to miss anything, so I kept on chugging along.

Back at the hotel I soaked in a tub of very hot water, took some Aleve (which is not good for my liver, but oh well) and put on an Icy Hot patch. I was miserable all night long, but did get a little bit of sleep. I was definitely ready to feel better! But I was thankful that we could be here in NYC for our vacation.

It was a nice day of sightseeing. Not too rushed. We relax when we feel like it. It’s a good week for both of us. I’m so thankful that God would allow me to have this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment