Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 10-12, 2012

Monday was spent with Mom, Colten and Sandy. We went to Olive Garden (Mom’s request) for a yummy lunch. Colten and I fell asleep in the car on the way back home. We took Mom home and stopped by Colten’s house to use the internet for awhile. Colten loves to show us around his house (no matter how many times we have been there). He is so funny sometimes. We came on to Sandy’s house and played outside for awhile. Stacey came after work visited until time for Colten to go home to bed. It is so nice to see her. She is expecting a little brother for Colten in November. (I was hoping for a GIRL, but no such luck this time! I told her to be planning on a third pregnancy for next year!)

Tuesday I needed to go back to Stacey’s house for some internet time. Sandy dropped me off there on her way to the dentist. I got a lot of work done. We went to Hobby Lobby and Carson’s department store and had a yummy lunch at Blues BBQ. Can’t beat brisket and sweet potato casserole! We got back to Sandy’s and worked on laundry and packing!

Wednesday (today) started off with a nice walk. We made a last trip to Walmart for a few things and Kohl’s for Sandy to use her many coupons and discounts. We had lunch at Sirloin Stockade, which was great for salad, meat and veggies! I didn’t even eat dessert because I was chowing on those veggies! We stopped at Stacey’s so I could answer some work related emails and we could check-in for our flight tomorrow. We made it home and finished packing for NYC. I’m sure we are overpacked, but we still have some room in our luggage to bring back all the souvenirs that Sandy wants to get for the kids.

Now we are sitting here all ready to go! We just have to sleep and get up and go. I’m going to get to visit some friends who still live in NYC. I met them when I lived there and served as a missionary from 2007-2009. I haven’t been back since and I know that it won’t be the same as the special memories of living there. But, I’m going back as a tourist this time and it will be strictly fun! Sandy needs this vacation after this hard year that started with finding my Father passed away the first of January. Then there was my niece’s wedding in February, months of working on Dad’s estate and unbelievable tasks of handling all of the personal property and collections. (It was crazy!) She also babysits the grandkids weekly and cooks, cleans, cans and freezes the produce from the garden, etc. She’s ready for a vacation!!!

God has blessed me so much. He renews me emotionally and spiritually all of the time. Some experiences are hard, but those are the ones in which He reveals the most to me about myself and my relationship with Him. As hard as it is to be away from Nica, which I feel is my ‘home’ for now, it is good to visit friends and family in the US. I feel that God pulls me away from things just enough for me to remember that this world is not permanent. It’s hard sometimes, but it’s more like seeing things from His perspective. I trust Him and love Him and only want to live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment