Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept 1 - 5, 2012

Saturday was a great day of sunshine. After expecting possible storms, it was nice to have calm weather. Although, NWA could have used more rain. I got some laundry done, emails sent, shopping accomplished and some computer work caught up on. I also had on HGTV and was entertained by all the money and work people put into upgrading perfectly good homes into expensive ‘better’ homes. Some of the shows are good, though, as they improve the living conditions of the families. I like the shows regardless…

Sunday was a wonderful day of worship with Cuerpo Vivo church. There were baptisms, child dedications, church-wide intercessory prayer, a great message, awesome praise music and the always present Holy Spirit. I love being at Cuerpo Vivo church! After the service, I visited my friend Elizabeth and took her a sewing machine and supplies. She was thrilled. She fed me some tortillas hot off the griddle with cheese and some beans. What a treat! After her visit, I went next door to Nana Ruth’s house and visited with her. She had been feeling under the weather, but is doing better. It was great to have time to relax and chat.

I got a nice nap in and cleaned up the den at Deanna’s, where I have exploded with my work stuff and items for Nica. I have so many little things going on that I have piles everywhere. But it’s okay. It was a very nice day!

Monday was Labor Day and I enjoyed a nice morning walk. I ran into my friend Isidro and had a nice chat. Then I ran into my friend Kristi, who was on her bike. We had a nice chat, too. It was sunny and very hot. But it was good to be outside.

Later in the day, I worked on printing pictures to share with some fine ladies at FBCR on Tuesday. It’s so hard to decide what pictures to show. I want to use them all, but I know that it would drive everyone crazy!

I got some guitar practice in and am still seasoning my finger tips. But I’m determined to learn! Most of my practice and lessons will happen when I get back to Nica, where I will have a constant teacher and access to a guitar all of the time. I’m going to love it when I learn more!

On Tuesday morning, I ran the borrowed guitar back to Janalyn at FBCR so that she could use it to teach her music class. I got to see a few friends who were there for the beginning of the Ladies’ Tuesday Bible Studies. I love getting to see people!

I ran to the bank, Walmart and got some gas, before returning home to finish putting the stuff together for the Nica talk. The Naomi Class is made up of wonderful senior adult ladies who have faithfully prayed for me and supported since I first went into the mission field full time in 2007. I just love these ladies and hope to be like them when I grow up! We had a great time talking about what God is doing in Nica and how blessed I am to be used by Him. They are very much a part of my ministry opportunities since they help to send me out. I love them very much! The rest of the day was spent making a yummy fresh-veggie pizza for me and Deanna, doing laundry and packing for my trip to Indiana. It was another great day!

Wednesday started off busy with a trip to work with my friend JP, who is helping me build my website to keep everyone up to date on what God is doing in my life and how their prayers and support are making a difference for the Kingdom. Then I scurried over to have a lunch meeting with Rusty and Lynn Branson. Rusty is doing some printing work for me for the ministry.

Then I ran back to the house to get ready for my photo session for the Church Directory at FBCR. The photo stuff went very well and I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience and the outcome. I don’t like pictures of myself, but they did miracles and the pics turned out pretty good!

My new glasses came in just in time for my trip tomorrow to Indiana. I ran over to the Vision Center and my friend Donna got me all fitted just perfect. She had picked out the frames for me and I really like them. She did a good job!

I got the chance to talk to Mary today by phone. We had a good chat and lots of laughs. We’re both missing Nica, but having fun seeing family and friends.

Deanna is getting new carpet tomorrow, so some of her family came to help move furniture. It was nice to see them.

I’m all packed for Indiana (and NYC). I’ve been catching up on some computer work and printing stuff before heading to bed. I hope I’m not forgetting anything!

It’s time for bed and I’m wide awake. I’m glad that my flight is not too early. I’ll still have time to wake up and tidy up a bit in the morning.

I can’t believe that 3 weeks have went by so fast. I miss Nica and all that is going on down there. But it has been great to be here and see everyone, take care of personal business and share about the ministry. God keeps me moving!

I know that I say this often, but I’m very grateful for the life that God allows me to live. I can’t wait to see what comes next each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment