Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I got up early and spent some quiet time with my Bible, since we weren’t going to church. The boys slept in and then had breakfast. I had my usual oatmeal.

Terry was keeping the boys for the day while Sandy and I went to Stacey’s babyshower. Sandy and I picked up Mom and got to Stacey’s early. I jumped on my computer to take advantage of the internet!

Stacey’s friend, Christy, did a wonderful job setting up the shower. Stacey got some really cute things for the new baby boy coming in November. I had been wanting her to have a girl and had threatened to give her girl stuff, but I was nice and found some really cute boy things. I brought him a red teddy bear with Arkansas embroidered on it and a little red Razorback football. I found a cute striped sleeper with a monkey on it and little monkey faces on the tops of the feet. There were lots of nice presents for the boy. Colten also got some ‘big brother’ presents. It was very enjoyable. We dropped Mom back off at home and then headed back to Sandy’s house.

The boys were still here with Terry. They were enjoying the 4 wheelers. Sandy and I walked through the woods a bit. I took some pics on my phone of the ‘Man Cave’, which is a nice treehouse built in the woods by Terry. It actually makes a good deer stand when not being occupied by the kids.

After our walk, Sandy and I took a dip in the hot tub and then got showers. It was really nice.

Sandy made a pear crisp from a basket of pears left on her door step, while I grilled burgers outside. We had a yummy dinner. I had bought some creamed spinach in a microwave bag and so I ate that also. I love good healthy stuff!! But I have to say that the pear crisp was fabulous and that makes up for any unhealthiness!

I did a little studying of a book on my Kindle. It’s so handy to have that thing! We watched some football. I went to bed later than I wanted to, but I don’t want to miss any time visiting with Sandy, either. I wish I could spend more time with my sister Pam, but it’s hard to get together. We will see each other on Tuesday!!

It’s my last Sunday in Indiana with family. The week will go by fast and then I leave on Thursday. That’s the hard part of living in different places. But it’s all good, as long as it’s what God wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment