Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Friday, September 21, 2012

Sandy got up early and washed all of her laundry from NYC and what was here from her husband being a bachelor for a week. Once she was done, I started on mine. We had left the suitcases downstairs by the laundry room and it was easy to just throw them right in. A great start to the day!

My great-nephew Colten, age 2, was delivered around 6 am from his daddy. He seemed like he had grown a mile in the week that we were gone. He was trying to be helpful with the laundry. Although, for some unknown reason, he decided to pee in my open suitcase. Thankfully, Mamaw caught him just in time. That little stinker!

About noon we headed into town for lunch and went to Wendy’s. Colten was wanting a cheeseburger. I can get grilled chicken and baked potato there, so it was a good pick for us.

We headed over to Walmart to pick up some quick items so that we could get back home. Colten was being a little toot, so we didn’t spend much time in the store. I think he was showing us how much he missed us.

Sandy and I went for a walk in her woods. She needed to work on some peppers from her garden and some persimmons from the trees. I worked on typing up some notes for my blog.

We had chili for supper and it was very good. It had been a little bit cold and overcast for the day and chili hit the spot. Sandy made some healthy cornbread and it was soooo good! Stacey came out to get Colten and we al got to enjoy each other’s company for the evening.

Sandy said it didn’t even feel like we were gone a week. We just picked right up with everything at home. I told her that is how my life feels sometimes when I go back and forth from Arkansas, Nicaragua, Indiana and such. It can be a weird feeling sometimes.

We went to bed early and tired and it felt wonderful. God gave me a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment