Monday, September 3, 2012

August 20 - 26, 2012

Monday started off busy on the computer and phone. Lots of emails and communication to take care of. I was all set up in the den at Deanna’s house. I was talking with people in Nica, taking care of ministry stuff and people in NW Arkansas making appointments and finding out information. Quite the busy morning.

Deanna came home from her walk with Mary Ann and said that we were invited to Mary Ann’s house for lunch with our mutual friend, Phyllis. We had a very nice lunch in the gazebo in the back yard. I really enjoyed visiting with the ladies. The afternoon was spent back on the computer and phone. A nice day.

Tuesday I ran errands and met Shirley McGimpsey for lunch at Dixieland Café. We had a very nice long talk and it was grand! I love not being rushed (even though the waitresses changed shifts while we were there). Shirley is such a sweet friend and I love spending time with her. I also made some stops at Walmart, Lifeway Christian store and Deals, looking for stuff to take back to Nica. I stopped in at the Frozen Cocoanut, a new business owned by some missionary friends. I had a yummy ‘snow shake’. Just perfect for a hot afternoon!

On Wednesday, I finally got psyched up to visit my storage unit in Springdale. I had no idea what it looked like, since a friend put everything in there when I left for NYC in 2007. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not packed full. It was pretty organized, even if a few boxes were labeled ‘junk’ and ‘stuff’. I was so thankful to God for allowing the project not to be too bad. I also ran by Debbie’s Pharmacy to pick up my meds. While back at Deanna’s working in the den, my friend Vickie Brown (who very generously lent me her car for a while) visited to bring me a sewing machine that she wanted to donate to a good cause. I can always find a good cause! It was fun to get to sit and visit with her. She and Michael are such sweet friends. I can’t wait to get them to Nica sometime!

Thursday was another visit to the storage unit. I threw some things out and brought some boxes home to sort through. I also stopped in at Walmart in Springdale (I HAVE to hit all 4 in my area) and then I treated myself to lunch at AQ Chicken Restaurant. It’s famous for its fried chicken, but since I can’t have fried food, I had a delicious dish of blackened chicken over rice, mushrooms and onions. I had a side dish of sweet potato casserole, yum!!

Thursday afternoon brought more computer work at home and then I had dinner with Nana Ruth. We went to Applebee’s and had one of the 2 for $20 specials. It was soooo good. I’m enjoying eating steak here in the states, since it is easier to chew than in Nica (haha). We sat for a couple of hours and chatted. It was a very nice evening.

Friday I went to the FBCR Olive Street location and visited the workers in the Food Pantry. It was running so well. It has grown very much and the volunteers are great. I took a few pictures of the workers and spent time chatting away. Then I went over to the neighboring building and visited the workers at the Friday Community Meals. There were lots of volunteers and it was running like clockwork. They were serving turkey and dressing and I had a meal myself. It was grand! I got the chance to talk with some friends who were volunteering. What fun!

I ran to 2 Walmarts, the Post Office and SoundArt (a music stored owned by friends of mine). I found more great deals for items to take back to Nica. I also bought myself a few things to help me learn to play guitar when I get back. I have a guitar in my room at the team house and I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Now I am going from ‘wanting to’ learn to saying I’m ‘going to’ learn. I’m excited about it! It was great to see my friends, the Maxeys, at their store.

Saturday I ran more errands (so thankful for the loan of a car!!) and then spent the afternoon and evening pulling pics on the computer to use for Nicaragua presentations while in the states. I enjoyed hanging out with Deanna in the living room. She reads and I work on the computer and Jet lays at our feet while we are ‘watching’ TV. Very sweet!

Sunday I went to FBCR early for worship and then jumped in the car to head across town to the Cuerpo Vivo Church in the Olive Street building. It was fun to be in both services back to back. Bud it did make for a long morning! But how better to spend it than in Worshiping our Lord?

After church, I stopped in at Number 1 Buffet for lunch. It’s an out of the way restaurant that isn’t really frequented by the masses. I like to eat there because I can get things healthy for my diet on the buffet. It was late for lunch, but I was ready to eat! When I walked in I ran into my ex-husband Steve. It had been about 16 years since I had seen him. Our divorce had been very hurtful and I wanted the door to that part of my life closed. Especially since he wouldn’t allow me to have a relationship with my step-sons. I have been praying about not letting baggage from the past influence future relationships (friendships really) and I feel that God allowing me to run into Steve was part of that process. Steve and I had a nice chat and exchanged contact info for future conversations. I felt very peaceful about it all. (Nothing like the last time I laid eyes on him.) He told me that his oldest son, Josh is on facebook, and we started communicating that afternoon. I was thankful for the special afternoon that God allowed in my life. I got to end the day celebrating the Lord’s Supper at FBCR. A very blessed day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment