Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 6, 2012

September is full of special Thursdays. I thought it would be easier to remember if I just made all my travel days on Thursday. So far, it’s helping my memory!

On the 6th, I flew to Indiana for 3 weeks to visit with family. Since I’m in the states for 2 months, I’m splitting my time between Arkansas (3 weeks), Indiana (3 weeks) and Arkansas again (3 weeks).

My flight wasn’t until noon, so I got to have a nice and relaxing morning. When I got to the airport, my flight was delayed. Great. I only had a hour layover in Chicago to begin with. But we got out of XNA 15 only 15 minutes late. The flight attendant told me that my gate from Chicago to Louisville should be in the same terminal and probably very near my arrival gate. WRONG. It was actually in a whole other terminal. I waited for the shuttle and then arrived at my gate right when they were loading the passengers with special needs or traveling with children. There was a restroom nearby and I rushed in and still made it on the plane in time. Whew! I called my sister quickly to tell her that I made my connection and found out that she was almost to the Louisville airport to pick me up. Haha She always worries about having problems on the road, so she gets there extra early.

Anyway, my flight was fine and it was so fun to see her and my great-nephew Colten (2 ½) at the airport. Colten is like a little man. Sandy had him in a stroller to keep him from getting too tired (they arrived an hour early!) and to keep him under control. ☺ She was walking around with him and he was sitting in the stroller with one ankle on the other knee like a little man, just relaxing and people watching. I was glad that he actually let me come home with Sandy. He has only seen me a few times in his life and he didn’t particularly want me taking up his Mamaw’s time. Sandy said that he did ask if they could go to the zoo to see the animals instead of coming to the airport to get me. But he was nice and let me come home!

We stopped for dinner on the way home, since I hadn’t had anything to eat since breakfast. I had a very yummy Arby’s sandwich. Colten and I took turns tearing up napkins and making balls out of them to throw. I don’t think that Sandy exactly liked our entertainment, but we thought it was fun. The weather was beautiful and we had a good trip (1.5 hours) back to Sandy’s house. It was a pretty good travel day!

No comments:

Post a Comment