Sunday, September 2, 2012

Monday, August 13, 2012

Travel day to the States.

Mary and I got up early and German picked us up at the team house at 3am. We headed off to Managua airport. About half way there, German realized that we could have left later when we confirmed our flight time. Oh well, we were up and on the road!

Mary and I had a little breakfast of bagels at the airport. I also got a yummy smoothie. We had a little wait and I shopped a bit in a nice shop.

The flight to Atlanta was great. I sat by Francis, a lady who was part of a mission team from South Carolina. The missions pastor was sitting right in front of us. Through conversations with them, I found out that he had visited our team house for possible lodging options in the future. They were working with a missionary couple there in León. I hope to meet them sometime. It was a fun flight.

Since some of us had connecting flights that were close on time, Delta had an agent waiting where we came in to the terminal and gave all of us special cards to carry to go to the head of the line at customs and security. I really liked that service!!

It turns out that Delta had computer trouble and when I got to my gate area, I had just enough time to grab a sandwich to eat on the plane. But the flights were delayed and they were changing gates like crazy. It was like a chess game. The good news was that I had not missed my flight.

I had a blast visiting with some ladies who found each other by running into each other at each gate switch. It was a wait of a few hours, but we really enjoyed each other. I got to share about what I do in Nica with VOH. I always enjoy sharing about what God is doing!!

I made it to NW Arkansas about 6:30 or so and Cathy was waiting to pick me up. It was good to see her. She dropped me off at Deanna’s house and I was ready to rest up and enjoy my visit to the states.

I enjoyed the travel day (as much as a person CAN enjoy a travel day) and am thankful that God allows me a glimpse of His workings all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment