Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I started the morning early on the computer. I got a lot done before Mary, Mayela and I went to San Jacinto and La Quimera Feeding Centers.

While at San Jacinto, Mary gave out some really cute ‘pillowcase’ dresses that some ladies from her church made. She also gave away to the boys some hats that they made. It was fun to see how lovely the girls looked and felt in the new dresses.

Back at the team house, we had lunch and then I worked on updating the Feeding Center files with the info that Mayela had collected in the last days.

There will be training this Saturday for the volunteer cooks from all of the Feeding Centers. Mayela, Lesly, Mary and myself will be going to watch the training and to give the volunteers some things from the ministry (rice, beans, oil, etc). Mary, Sherry, Lesly and Mayela worked in the afternoon to bag up all the things for the 12 workers. It will be a fun day on Saturday!

There was a quick meeting with Pastor Pedro and Marvin from Noah’s Ark Feeding Center. It was an interesting meeting…

I worked on gathering pictures for the grant proposal concerning the Sewing Ministry.

I was supposed to go to Kelly and Jeremy’s house for dinner, but we cancelled due to Jeremy’s health. I retired to my room early to study and watch videos.

I’ve been trying to really lean ‘into’ God and not just lean ‘on’ Him. I know that a lot of my struggles come from not being connected to Him in a strong enough manner. A lesson in Bible Study lately was on Abiding in Christ. It was a good lesson and I’m trying to take it to heart. We can always draw closer to Him. And it needs to be a daily goal. I’m glad that He is there waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment