Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The last day of July. Where has the time gone? Another realization that we do not control our days or hours or minutes. God has a plan for every second and we miss so much by trying to plan and execute all of our own plans. I pray that I can really give back to Him each second of my life for Him to use me as HE has designed.

I got a lot of work done on the computer. Recapping of info, completing files on the Feeding Center kids, communication, planning, etc. I can feel the need to complete things as my days here in Nica are coming to a close these next 2 weeks. I’m preparing work that can be done from the states while I’m on my ‘vacation’ for 2 months. I also want to have things in order here for the ministries that I work with to continue (to a certain extent) while I’m absent. By the time I tie up loose ends and take a deep breath, I’ll probably already be on the plane. ☺

I took Mary, Mayela, Lesly and Jaasiel to lunch at Al Carbón. It’s one of my favorite restaurants and one that they probably would not go to themselves. I like being able to treat them.

Mary taught her last sewing class for the summer today. She has had a lot of laughs with that group of women.

I spent a lot of time on the computer today, probably more than I would if I had a 8-5 job. It’s hard sometimes to turn off the work mode when you’re in the field. There is so much to do and you just stay focused on getting it done. I have to try to keep a balance of things in my busy little life.

I’m thankful to have videos to watch on my computer and books to read on my Kindle. That helps to round out my choices for entertainment. I’ve found myself missing TV this week only because the Olympics are on. I enjoy watching them. You cannot stream live feed from the US to Nica, so I gave up on websites that do that. It’s okay, though.

I’m so thankful for all that God allows me to do here and that He has made me so comfortable living in Nica. I’m humbled that He would allow me to work for Him in ministry anywhere. I’m very thankful for all my blessings and I’m thankful that He prepares my heart to be content with what He provides. That’s key. He is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment