Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday, July 30, 2012

Didn’t get to walk this morning due to some illness, but feel better this evening.

I got to spend some time chatting with Jasmina and Katty this morning. They are 2 translators working with us and I hadn’t really gotten to spend much time with them this past 2 months since I don’t work with the teams. I’m very blessed to know both of these young ladies and I look forward to knowing them better as we communicate on facebook and email. They are precious.

I took Lesly and Mary to La Unión grocery store this morning. While they shopped for groceries, I ran to the sewing store and got some supplies. We stopped at a second store to get some pork & beans (interesting what you can find in Nica) and then stopped for ice and bottled water for the dispenser.

Jasmina asked if she could have a copy of the Bible Study I’m teaching on Wednesdays. I printed pages off for her and then it was time to leave. I took Mayela to Noah’s Ark Feeding Center, Jasmina to the bus Terminal (to catch a 3 hour bus ride back to Estelí), Katty to a friend’s house and then returned to Noah’s Ark. I did some paperwork in the car while waiting for Mayela to finish. Then we got back to the team house about 1pm. We had some great lunch, Arroz Aguado. We all loved it, except for Mary. I would love to have it again, but I don’t think that there is much chance of that. Maybe I can have some at someone’s house sometime.

I did some computer work while Charlie and Jeremy worked on the VOH website and other projects. It was a very nice day with everyone having their own projects going.

Mary and Charlie went with German to see the property by the old dump. VOH is looking at buying a small plot to start a church and feeding center. We’re excited to help the people in this new community of very poor households. God is opening a door there that will minister to hundreds of families who are very much in need.

I dropped off Jeremy on my way to the ice cream shop to meet Iris. She got held up at the university and couldn’t make it, so I spent some time looking up Bible verses (for the Women’s Bible Study memory cards) and had my favorite treat – a cone with 1 scoop chocolate and 1 scoop coffee ice cream. Then I walked over to the vendors on the corner and saw one of my favorite people and bought some surprises for my sister’s grandkids. Heehee. I truly enjoyed my time by myself.

I got back to the team house and had more arroz aguado (cold) for dinner and chatted with Charlie and Mary a little bit. Then I retired to my room to do a little more work and grab a shower. I worked a little bit on the Children’s Ministry project and watched a movie on my computer.


I realized while working on my calendar, that I’ll be flying back to the states 2 weeks from today. It doesn’t seem possible that 6 months has gone by since I’ve been back in Rogers AR. Time has flown by. It will feel strange to be away from Nica for 2 months, too. I have so much planned for my 2 months state-side that it will be whirl, too. I’m looking forward to seeing friends and family. I have to say that it feels more natural for me to live in Nica and visit the states than the other way around. God has given me a great peace. I’m very thankful for that.

It’s been a pleasant evening. I think I’ll try to go to bed a little early and maybe I can walk in the morning. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment