Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I got up this morning with more stomach issues, but went ahead to the P & P English Academy to help out with a class while Juan had to be somewhere else. I drove to the school so that I could run errands afterward.

Once I got to the school, I felt a little bit better and it was good to have something to take my mind off of my troubles. Juan was there for just a few minutes. I got to talk with his wife Ana, also. She teaches a class on Sat mornings, too.

Juan said I could pick any topic to talk about that I wanted. I chose to use the Bible study notes from this past Wednesday’s Ladies Bible Class. On Wed morning, when I was hurrying up and printing the notes for the ladies, I accidentally printed 20 copies of the English notes. When I saw my mistake, I decided to keep the English copies for some future use. Well, today was that special time. God knew I was going to need them and He allowed me to print them off ahead of time.

The English class was fun, as always. I had been in this class a couple of times last year. I knew part of the students already. Estefanie is in the class, too. Each student had a topic that they were supposed to talk about. Estefanie used a wall chart that she had made and explained about different routes to being popular. (she also studies psychology at the university). Derek gave a book report. Jacsel spoke about the importance of drinking water. David talked about different types of foods. Gabriel was a new student and told us a little bit about himself. Francisco came in late and didn’t have a topic. Anielka didn’t a topic either. I also listened to Estefanie do her drill for ‘idiomatic phrases’ and she did a good job.

When it was my turn to talk, we discussed the descriptions, benefits and values of God’s Word. They learned English words and I learned the Spanish words. It was very helpful for all of us. It was a really good class. When my 2 hours were up, Jasmina and Katty came to take over the next 2 hours. They were going to have lots of discussions with the students. It was good to see those 2 wonderful girls.

I had a good visit with Linda at the House of the Bible. She gave me a good discount and I bought a few more Bibles than I had planned. Now I can give more out! I also bought some materials to use in putting together some lessons for the Children’s Ministry program that I get to start with La Quimera and San Jacinto churches. I also bought a hymn book of traditional Nica songs that they sing in some of the churches. I’m tickled pink!

I stopped at Salmon grocery store to see if I could find some instant oatmeal and I actually found some Ocean Spray Cran-Grape juice! I was so happy! I love that stuff!

I got back to the team house and Mary was doing some laundry. Charlie came to the house a little later to work on the computer, swim and rest. Jeremy and Kelly came to the house to get some things ready for a Fiesta that their church is going to do tomorrow. I got to visit with Kelly a little bit. I sure do love those 2!!

At 4pm, Mary, Charlie and I went to Suyapa for an early dinner. It was very tasty. On the way home, Mary wanted to drive by German’s house. Joanna was sitting on the front steps talking with her sister. We stopped in for just a few minutes. Every time I go to German’s house, they have finished a little bit more of it. It is really nice. I’m so excited for them.

We came back to the team house and Mary and I each went into our own rooms to relax for the evening. Charlie got back on the computer.

It’s time now for me to watch a video, read and go to bed. It’s been a really nice day. I had to make myself keep from working, but it was worth it. I need to schedule down time so my brain can rest or at least think of other things sometimes. God is teaching me discipline a little at a time. It will take me baby steps, I’m sure. But I trust His timing and His leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment