Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday night and finally done for the day. The team split up and went to 8 different churches this morning and 8 different churches this evening. Many testimonies and messages shared. And lots of time on the road!

I didn’t walk this morning and enjoyed spending time getting ready for church and talking with some of the team. Mike was here this morning and had a short meeting with them. I went to La Quimera church this morning and enjoyed Pastor Brian. The kids are starting to talk to me and all call my by name. The ladies are always so sweet. I love being in the La Quimera community.

We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn for lunch. It was very good. After lunch, there was Fiesta training for the team. Manuel pitched in and led the team in some singing before Mike spoke. I guess he was the opening act.

Later in the afternoon, I played with Manuel. He loves to pretend stuff. I was his wife and we were going to the airport to pick up a team. We walked around with our arms out behind us like we were pulling luggage along. We missed our flight, of course, so we found a place to sit and got a pretend snack at the airport. He has it all figured out. He had a good day today.

I stayed at the team house when the teams went out to church this evening. I worked on the computer some and I also looked up some Bible verses to share with my Ladies Bible Study class. I’m making them some Scripture Memory cards to use while I’m gone for 2 months. It’s hard to pick out just a handful of scripture. It’s all so good!

The teams got back really late from church tonight. I sent the cook home and finished up serving the groups as they came in. It didn’t take long to get it done and the dishes washed up. I was glad to pitch in and let her go home. She has to be back about 5am tomorrow, so she deserves to go home by 8pm!! The rest of the week won’t be so late, because the team will take their dinner with them to the crusade area and have picnic dinners each night. Leana will be able to go home about 5pm each night. That will be much better.

Erika, one of the cooks is sick, so if Leana can’t find a helper for tomorrow, I volunteered my services. This will be fun! I love Leana. She is so funny!

I’m reading a book called “Conversation Peace” and really enjoying it. I try to read a chapter or two every day. I need to add in an hour or two of Spanish study to my schedule, too. That plus Bible study and quiet time, walking and working will pretty much fill in my day to overflowing! I hope I can find time to take a quick nap! Haha

I was working on my quarterly wall calendar today. I’m putting the team dates for Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan on it. Plus scheduling my Bible Study lesson plan for those 4 months. Next I need to plan my sewing class projects. Then we’ll watch it all change on a weekly basis! Never a dull moment around here!

It’s been a very dry ‘rainy season’ so far. I hope we get some rain in the next months. But I have to say that I hope it only rains at night while we are sleeping. That would be perfect!

I guess I should head to bed now. Weeks with teams means getting up between 5 and 6am. I need my beauty sleep and to be rested enough to get my early morning walks in. Pray for discipline for me!!

Can’t wait to see what all God is going to do this week! Crusade Weeks are the best!! May His will be done and may He receive all the Glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment