Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I didn’t feel too sporty this morning, so I made this my day off from walking. My stomach has been yucky all day. I ate something last night that is taboo for me and I paid for it! I told Mary that if she ever saw me eating something terribly wrong for me to slap it out of my hand. She’s a brave soul, but I don’t know if even she is crazy enough to come between me and food. Haha

Anyway, I got a lot of computer work done this morning. I worked about 5 hours straight. I got everything ready and printed for Bible Study this afternoon and then I started in on emails and Feeding Center records. It was enjoyable, but I was getting cross-eyed!

I picked up Estefanie at Pacheco’s Engligh Academy to go to Bible Study at La Quimera. We had a wonderful class. The ladies are really getting into discussing the lessons. It makes my heart swell! For the next few weeks, we are talking about Living in God’s Word.

I told them the story of when I brought Bibles (donated by some wonderful VOH supporters) to the Bible Study class last year and gave them out. Everyone was appreciative. One person, in particular, held her Bible and just keep looking at it, caressing it and petting it. She truly treasured it. I’ll never forget that moment. And I pray that God gives me that same emotion when I pick up my Bible. In the States, we have access (and own) many Bibles of all shapes and sizes and translations. We take it for granted. I told the ladies that their excitement about receiving a Bible is the emotion that God wants from all of us when we think about His Word.

I told the ladies that I would be leaving in about 3 weeks and be gone for 2 months. They said that I did not have permission to leave. I truly will miss them. Angela said that I wouldn’t miss them at all when I got back to my house in the US. I told her that I don’t have a house (or a car or furniture). I stay with friends and family when I visit the states. She was surprised. In her eyes, why would anyone give up all the things that you can have in the US and chose to live here? It opened the door to discuss God leading and providing, and most importantly, God putting the correct desires in my heart to follow His plan. That is the only way to find true contentment.

Rafael, who is about 5 or 6, is a little boy at La Quimera. He has fallen in love with a few of the young ladies on teams. I took his picture today at Bible Study and asked if he wanted me to send it to his girlfriend. He said, Yes! Both of them! Haha

I got stopped by the police again today. We were on our way home from Bible Study at La Quimera. I was following the markings on the road, but the officer took issue with the way I turned the corner. He said I swerved, but that was the way the arrows were pointing on the road. Anyway, I’ve got this ‘dumb gringa’ thing down pretty good. I just pretend that I don’t know that they want a bribe and they finally give up and let me go. I don’t think it will work forever, but I’m thankful that God has kept me out of trouble so far! Today was the 4th time.


I got home this evening and the place is very quiet. Only me and Alberto (the guard) are here until the team gets back late tonight. I got my shower, had some leftovers for dinner and then started watching a movie on my computer. The van arrived about 8pm with the leftover dinner stuff from the Crusade site. I put the food away in the fridge and then returned to my room. It’s been very quiet and I love it. I truly love spending time by myself.

I’m going to bed early again tonight and hope to wake up early tomorrow for a good 4 miles walk and some errands. Then it will be time to set up for sewing class.

The team is having a blast doing Fiestas, School Visits, Conferences and the Crusade. They are working very hard and God is blessing in a tremendous way. There have been many, many salvations so far this week. God is good and faithful and provides divine appointments for us to follow up on. We are the tools and He is the Master.

I’m praying for a healthy body and lots of energy to do my part this week. He deserves my best. I give His blessings back to Him in Praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment