Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4 mile walk this morning. I left at 6:30am, so there was a little more traffic than usual. I need to get myself up and leave by 6am to get some good real estate availability. ☺

The team had the morning off, since they are working all afternoon and evening in El Viejo where the Crusade is. They didn’t quite know what to do with themselves. Mike arranged for them to go to the Monte Horeb Feeding Center just before noon.

I worked on computer stuff until Mike loaded up a van with some of the team to visit a future site for a Feeding Center and Church Plant. It’s where the old dump was. It’s cleaned up pretty much and there are small plots of land that people are putting up one room ‘houses’ made of tree limbs and plastic sheeting. There are probably 600-800 families in this area. There is one little church. We have been asked to come and provide a church and feeding center. It’s high on our priority list. We’re looking for churches to help sponsor the building and personal costs. God is opening this door wide open. We know that He will provide.

When I visited the Monte Horeb Feeding Center, I was asked by a lot of the women when I would be coming again. They said that they miss me. Mayela and I are busy at some of the other Feeding Centers that have occasional ‘issues’ to deal with. We’ll have to make it a point to visit MH soon to see everyone. Mayela checks in with the Feeding Center Supervisor, Auxiliodoro daily, so we’re not out of touch. We’ve just not been real visible to the community. We need to fix that!

I got to see baby Dariela, just turned 2 on April 20. I first met her and her parents in July of 2010, when she was just a few months old. It’s been so fun to see her growing up.

Lesly brought back the edited copy of the Spanish version of my Bible Study notes. I got the corrections made and printed some copies for me and Estefanie. I also printed a copy of the English and Spanish versions for Pastor Brian because he likes to use them, also. I need to copy the pages for tomorrow’s class.

I’m also still working on my Memory Verse project for the Ladies to do while I’m in the states. I think they will like having the packet of memory verses to work on.

We had a scrumptious lunch of grilled chicken, rice, beans, fried plantains, cabbage slaw. It was soooo good! I found out that there was some left over for dinner and I enjoyed it a second time!

I worked a lot on the computer this afternoon and then drove Mary, Lesly and Pastor Yader (from San Jacinto) to meet with Pastor Brian at the business where we’re getting soccer uniforms for the San Jacinto team. Mary is heading up this project and she was thrilled to be able to do this. Pastor Yader is very happy, too. He said that the soccer team came to church last week. He encouraged them to keep coming and not just for the uniforms. He said that they listened pretty well to his message. The jerseys should be ready next Tuesday and Pastor Yader wants us out there next Thursday for a service and to give the jerseys out. Mary had the workers at the sewing place laughing with her antics. We got some good pictures of the Pastors and Mary working on the order.

Mary and I are back to the team house alone and it’s very nice and peaceful. Just like when there are no teams. Alberto is doing his own thing, waiting for the team to get back late tonight. Mary and I are both on the computer doing facebook and such.

I think I may even try and study some Spanish tonight before I do my reading and get ready for bed. Maybe even a movie. Who knows? I’m pretty wild. Haha

I still have a huge amount of work to catch up on and get a handle on before I leave Aug 13, but God is giving me a peace about it and helping me to check off large chunks from my to-do list.

I think I’ll get off of here for now and post this. I want to take advantage of this wonderfully quiet evening! I am blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment