Saturday, July 28, 2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Got up and walked 4 miles. It feels so good when I get back to the team house and jump in the shower. I also love being outside. God makes me happy that way.

I took care of some emails, including sending info and a picture back to my home church (FBC Rogers AR) for the Missions Conference (GIC) that will be held in October.

Sherry shared with the team about the Children’s Home called House of Hope that VOH has in Honduras. Mary got to share a little bit, too, and the team prayed over them and the Home.

We had a baptism of one of our translators here in the pool and it was very special to the team. I posted some pics on facebook.

Mayela and I visited Noah’s Ark Feeding Center. I dropped her off to do her work and I was going to run to get minutes for both of our phones and to buy some Bibles at the Bible Book Store. There was road work going on in that vicinity, so I decided to just run to La Unión grocery store instead. Most of León is one way streets and when any are blocked off for various reasons, it is extremely frustrating to get around. It took a very long time to get to La Unión, but once there, I got my business done pretty quickly. I decided to put off the Bible Book Store visit until another day. I picked Mayela up and we stopped at the gas station on the way back to the team house since the needle was way past empty. We got back and had our lunch.

I was getting ready for sewing class and decided to try to do some laundry while the team was gone. (they were out for another afternoon and evening of ministry and crusade) It is wonderful that we have 2 washing machines and 2 dryers now (thanks to a generous team!) I started 2 loads and then set up for sewing class. Estefanie got here and we were ready in plenty of time. We only had 2 women in class, since a lot of the women have found some temporary jobs. I’m so happy for them to have income. But I do miss them! The ladies were making more skirts and matching headbands. Estefanie was learning how to make an apron. She is such a delight!

After the ladies left from class, I finished my other 2 loads of laundry and got everything put away. It always feels good to get it done. And it always reminds me how lucky I am that I can use a washing machine and dryer. Most people here wash clothes by hand and hang them up. Very few people have machines for that. I do not take my blessings lightly.

I settled into my room and waiting for the van to get back with the leftover food from dinner at the crusade. I got things put away in the kitchen, and then came back to my room for the night. It was peaceful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment